Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeBro

Pretty clear, no?
    Typical Teutonic - what about this part ?

"where a Roma encampment was burned to the ground this year after its inhabitants had been evacuated for their own safety."
    Last edited by BlackCat; July 21, 2008, 15:22.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Typical Teutonic - what about this part ?

Well, ok it isn't exactly clear if it was already burning. My completely-out-of-my-ass guess would be there was trouble going on, they were evacuated and then it was burned down. Because it's nothing special to evacuate people when the camp is burning anyway. As it is written it looks their safety was in danger before any fire because of tensions around the camp.

Could be wrong of course.
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        I think the real article should have been "Sunbathers in Italy fail to put off Gypsy corpses"
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro

As it is written it looks their safety was in danger before any fire because of tensions around the camp.
          Yep, my thought too - I assume that italian anti-roma agreesors was threatening the camp so instead of dealing with that, the italian authorities rounded up the romas and cleared the road for the burning.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Did the nearby people even know the two girls were dead?

If I saw two people laying on the beach, even if they were under beach towels, I wouldn't assume they were corpses.

Comment

You are part of the problem?!!!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The living go on living despite the death of two complete strangers... shocking!
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

edit: Wow, server hates me.
                  Last edited by Victor Galis; July 21, 2008, 17:38.
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

edit: See above.
                    Last edited by Victor Galis; July 21, 2008, 17:38.
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      Germans don't sunbathe. They eat sausage and drive volkswagens
                      If only that were true. We get a lot of German sunbathers around here and they're usually fat 50 year olds in g-stings. :ick
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                      X