Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli officer uses handcuffed Palestinian for a target practice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's f*cked up
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Because the only type of life that is important is the Jewish kind...
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Well, they didn't exactly kill him. Also afaik it was first reported by an Israeli human rights group.
        Blah

Comment

Shoot the perpetrator in the groin with a rubber bullet then discipline him
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

what's the experiment? how would a person's leg behave if they shot it with a rubber bullet?
            believe me, there is plenty of documentation.

So, what's the "ev0l j00z" explanation on this one?
            they shot him in a leg with a rubber bullet to torture him?

Just a stupid Bat.Com., an even dumber soldier, not understanding commands, and quality editing. That's it.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Teh ring tone was pretty horrible, too
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Israeli officer uses handcuffed Palestinian for a target practice.

Originally posted by Heresson
                After capturing the Palestinians and handcuffing them, Israeli soldiers made an experiment, shooting his leg from 1,5m with a gum bullet.
                I doubt the poles have money for gum, not to mention bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                  I'm sure the officers involved will be disciplined for allowing themselves to be filmed.
                  Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                  That video would be a pretty clear documentation of Human Rights abuses by the IDF. Fully expect to hear nothing done about it because to do so would make you an anti-Semite or some****.

it's all over the news

(VIDEO) Palestinian teen films soldier aiming towards bound demonstrator arrested in Naalin, firing rubber bullets while officer holds man's arm; Palestinian claims was injured by fire. IDF: This serious incident negates army values

The IDF has begun to investigate an incident in which rubber bullets were fired towards a bound Palestinian man who had been apprehended during the demonstrations against the border fence in the West Bank village of Naalin.

A 14-year old girl from the village filmed the incident from the window of her home, and the tape has reached Ynet, though the first few seconds immediately following the shooting are missing.

The IDF has stated that the incident is serious and negates the army's values, and that the Investigating Military Police (IMP) have launched an inquiry into the matter after receiving the tape
                  (VIDEO) Criminal investigation launched against soldier caught on tape firing towards bound Palestinian. Regarding late response to incident, military officials say that despite presence of officer at scene, investigation was launched only after tape was submitted

VIDEO - The incident in which an IDF soldier fired rubber bullets at a bound Palestinian who had been arrested in Naalin reached the Investigating Military Police (IMP) only after the military advocate general watched the documentation of the incident, despite the fact that it was witnessed by an Armored Corps regiment commander and several other soldiers in the vicinity.

Military officials told Ynet that the firing soldier had been arrested. According to one source, "he was questioned a short while after the incident, but only today, after the military advocate general watched the video tape, a criminal investigation was launched."

Immediately after the incident an inquiry was made by the brigade commander responsible. Commander of the Judea and Samaria division, Brig.-Gen. Noam Tivon, also conducted an investigation into the matter.

IDF sources refused to comment on the words spoken before and after the shooting by the firing soldier and the regiment commander who held the Palestinian man's arm, as the affair is still being investigated.

The regiment commander will undergo questioning in the near future, as well as the other soldiers who were present at the scene.

Major Avital Leibovitz, a military spokeswoman, told dpa that the
                  military advocate general opened an investigation into the incident.

"But there are questions about the edited parts," Leibovitz said, referring to the point where the video stops. The clip then resumes and shows footage of what appears to be a few moments later with Abu Rahama laying on the ground.

Originally posted by Traianvs
                  This isn't that spectacular. Destroying a whole block when trying to capture some Hamas guy, leaving 200 people homeless, maimed or sometimes killed is far worse in my book.
                  que?
                  which 200 people were left homless due to one Hamas fellow?

I'm all for discipline, but it's not just the soldiers, but also the commanders who should have some dignity.
                  I requote

Immediately after the incident an inquiry was made by the brigade commander responsible. Commander of the Judea and Samaria division, Brig.-Gen. Noam Tivon, also conducted an investigation into the matter.

IDF sources refused to comment on the words spoken before and after the shooting by the firing soldier and the regiment commander who held the Palestinian man's arm, as the affair is still being investigated.

The regiment commander will undergo questioning in the near future, as well as the other soldiers who were present at the scene.

Comment

Yeah, these doofuses had plenty of opportunity to practice shooting rubber bullets at him before they caught him and put him in cuffs.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

que?
                      which 200 people were left homless due to one Hamas fellow?

I requote
                      Eh, there are various examples, but right now I'm thinking of the incident in the Tofah district in Gaza back in '93 when Israelis bombarded 17 houses with dynamite and mortar fire.

Not to mention the plain and simple demolishing of Palestinian homes in supposedly insecure (for Israel) places, or in downright retaliation for Palestinian suicide bombings.

I don't know every event by heart, but I'm just saying that this kind of behaviour been a constant factor in the struggle.

By the way: I wasn't talking about some lame brigade commander, but rather about the top management / generals who plan the terrorizing of ordinary Palestinians. Any fool sees that Israeli oppression causes Palestinians to radicalize out of sheer frustration. I'm confident you know that as well.

Then again this is not really relevant to this thread anymore; bit of a threadjack
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs
                        Any fool sees that Israeli oppression causes Palestinians to radicalize out of sheer frustration. I'm confident you know that as well.
                        of course israeli actions frequently have the potential of radicalizing people.

But its a choise between two poor options.
                        Either you don't interrupt a terrorist preparing an attack, and you get attacked (be it suicide bombing, missile attack or what not)

Or you interrupt a terrorist preperation, using violent means, protecting yourself in the short term, and possibly creating more problems in the long run.

No one is better aware of the dangers than the army top brass, because they are constantly reminded of this by intelligence.

But you can't stop defending yourself because it might anger some people. We're working on new tactics and weapons to reduce casualties to the minimum required, but you can't really avoid civilian casualties when operating in a civilian environment.

But we're not the ones creating a battlefield there.

You should be aware that para-military attacks coming out of civilian population centers make void the special civilian status that population centers have, and they become legitimate areas of operation for one's military force.

This is a basic rule of war. If we're shot at from civilian areas, we are in full right to shoot back and\or operate there as we require, to stop oncoming aggression.

Then again this is not really relevant to this thread anymore; bit of a threadjack

Comment

The video looks a hoax to me

Comment

Religion is to blame.

Time to own up, Religion.
                            be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

But its a choise between two poor options.
                              Either you don't interrupt a terrorist preparing an attack, and you get attacked (be it suicide bombing, missile attack or what not)

Or you interrupt a terrorist preperation, using violent means, protecting yourself in the short term, and possibly creating more problems in the long run.
                              Or, Israel stops breaking agreements because of which it constantly reduces Palestinian land and converts it to Israeli territory. The Oslo accords were a farce already, but if Israel at least kept part of the bargain and stopped building more colonies on the Westbank, Palestinians would cut down on the violence. They felt cheated, and rightly so. Israel has been nibbling away scraps of land all the time, the last of which iirc is the wall under construction right now. People in Israel might want to consider the psychological damage they are causing. First of all you encourage Jews worldwide to settle in Israel, which isn't really a problem imo. Secondly Israel encourages the settlement of new colonies on the Westbank (removing the few colonies in Gaza was totally uneconomical and pointless in such an overcrowded area, so that hardly counts). Now that is a flagrant violation of UN agreements. Thirdly Israel has prevented Palestinians exiles to return home. There's no turning back there, and lots of Pal's realize this very well. Have you considered how that must feel like? It feels like injustice.

If your opponent is always being mistreated, or at least - if he feels like he is, then it comes as no surprise that he resorts to whatever means necessary to obtain their objectives. Don't forget that it was because of Hamas and the Islamic Jihad that the Palestinians were not completely screwed because of the deals made by that puppet Arafat. We may scoff at them, and for a good reason, but they merely serve the interest of their people. You give them not many other ways of expressing their disagreement, frustration and anger.

Simply looking from the point of view of the terrorist attacks doesn't help anything. I don't believe it's a matter of intercepting them or not, that's not the core issue, but rather a consequence of the disease and distrust that has been roaming the region for many a year now. my 2 cents

Note that I disapprove of many Palestinian traits and feats too, but that would lead me too far atm.
                              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                              X