Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently, they cannot afford meat in Ohio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get upset when there is still food on my plate and I'm no longer hungry.
    Leftovers...

Another great way for lazy fatties to save money
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

They have probalby subsisted on processed foods their whole lives, meaning that they have always had huge amounts of calories, salt, and fat in their diet, because proccessed calories are very cheap. After all, in the US there is a clear corrolation between poverty and obesity.
      yes

At the same time these two must have some genetic predeposition towards putting on fat reserves.
      no
      no
      no
      no
      no
      calories in>calories burned = weight gain.

I am surprised these two aren't suffering diabetes yet,
      they probably are, but don't know it. poverty is also associated with lack of health care.

as for walking, there is a serious sidewalk deficit in many parts of this country.
      seriously? "Helllo, I am morbidly obsese because I have a genetic propensity to turn calories into fat and there are no sidewalks in my town".
      The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

I drastically overestimated the price of three large boneless/skinless chicken breasts. I just bought them for $3.84.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
          no
          no
          no
          no
          no
          Genetics effect 'calories burned' though. A lot of the calories you burn are based upon your metabolism, which is heavily based on genetics.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
            I drastically overestimated the price of three large boneless/skinless chicken breasts. I just bought them for $3.84.
            Too bad I don't eat meat.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

It isn't new. I know people who have done that.
              ****, I know people who have done that in order to get out of deployments.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

That's cheating .

On grocery shopping, I spend like $200 a month. On eating out for lunch and on the weekends, it can be $100 to $200 a month.
                I do not know as easily off-hand right now how much I spend per week eating out; it varies more per week than my grocery shopping, so there.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini

no
                  no
                  no
                  no
                  no
                  Your genes (and gut flora) determine how many calories you actually absorb from any meal. Two people with different genes (and gut flora) may eat the same piece of food and absorb very different numbers of calories from that. Therefore the number of calories in from any one meal will vary, with some people gaining far more.

As for the protein issue, rice and lentil give you a complete set of amino acids your body needs, and most people need only about 25 grams of protein a day, since unless you are gaining muscle mass your body does not actually need large amounts of protein. Sadly in the US we have qa food culture that emphasizes cheap processed foods and sells the myth that meat and dairy are critical to everyone (which is false).

As for servings, most people do not know that your average bowl of pasta in a regular restaurant equal the total amount of carbohydrates your average person needs in a day.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    I get upset when there is still food on my plate and I'm no longer hungry.
                    I detest food wastage and why I only ever buy perishable foods on demand - things like rice or freezable items I will buy. It's not even about the cost, it's a matter of principle.
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The poor also are disproportionately affected by depression, with much less means of dealing with it. Food is one way people deal with depression, and as GePap pointed out, food with lots of calories and little nutritional value is less expensive that fruits and veggies.
                      I am not poor but I'm certainly no stranger to depression, and obesity. I've had to fight depression, and still suspect I may have many battles with it yet to come. That is how my mind is - for all the brilliance I got, there is the other side of my personality which is never contented, insecure and self loathing. It gives me propulsion in life, but also pain. But nonetheless I have lost 30kg in the last year through one hell of an effort. And avoiding food is very hard for me.

But the truth is, no one will help me except myself. Life is a battle like that - harsh and brutal.
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Damn, Rich, good job!
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Your genes (and gut flora) determine how many calories you actually absorb from any meal. Two people with different genes (and gut flora) may eat the same piece of food and absorb very different numbers of calories from that. Therefore the number of calories in from any one meal will vary, with some people gaining far more.
                          = excuse people use because they are fat.

I'll admit, what you are saying makes some intuitive sense. There may even be some provable science behind it. But there is no way there can be a genetic (gut flora) difference in nutrient absorbtion of sufficient magnitude to account for that level of morbid obesity.

Do you really think that some 140 pound woman and those two eat the same diet, it's just that the two obese women absorb more of the calories? No freaking way. Not unless the 140 pounder has a genetic (gut flora) malabsorbtion syndrome and is *&$! ing 20 pounds of lipids a day.
                          The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Damn, Rich, good job!
                            Unfortunately I think it is like how reformed smokers are the worst anti-smoking people, I am probably likewise from the perspective of obesity. I don't mean that on a personal level, but I think you just have to battle against it. For some people it will never be an issue, for others (including me) it will be a battle for the rest of my life. But I am certainly not prepared to lie down and take it. It is only in my mid-late twenties I ever got to a stupid size (and in reality probably pales in significance compared to the two example shown in this thread) and that pissed me off so much that I did something about it!
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I have a similar view PH.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

If I keep drinking at the rate I have been over this summer I will end up the size of those two women.

Comment

Working...
                                X