Canada deports coward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theben
    And one of the perks of getting a job when your boss turns out to be a slimeball is that you can walk away from it.
    If the Pentagon was running a grocery store or delivering pizzas, none of us would have a problem with it. Soldiers are different; when you become a member of the military, you assume responsibilities that are far different than those in civilian life.

If our soldiers had cafeteria options for their missions, could quit because they didn't like their COs, etc., how would that really separate them from mercenaries?

All those kids that said they "just joined for the college money" are getting exactly what they deserve.
    -rmsharpe

Comment

I think DD agrees with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        Canada does have some immigration controls with the US, doesn't it? Would they be eager to accept a felon?
        From what I've heard, most of these guys could not be described as felons.

They are often held for a day or three and then kicked with a 'don't call us, we'll call you.'

That makes the hysterics over the consequences of sending them back all the more comical.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
          From what I've heard, most of these guys could not be described as felons.
          Uh, I meant "felon" in the sense of "someone who has been convicted of a felony". I'd assume sure that's the definition the Canadian government uses too...

Comment

Sure, but it seems that most of these people are never prosecuted, let alone persecuted. They're just kicked.

The vast majority of American deserters have not been prosecuted for desertion, according to evidence before the court, the judge stated in a four-page decision. About 94 per cent of U.S. deserters from 2002 to 2006 were being dealt with administratively, receiving a less-than-honourable discharge from the military.

No prosecution, no conviction, no problem moving to Canada where there seem to be a fair few who think you're a hero and would help you get a job, etc, etc.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

... or maybe they would have less interest in the plight of some jobless Yank who can't serve as a poster child for an anti-war campaign.

I don't know. I just wonder.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
              X