No announcement yet.

Proper Funeral Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did he give it to her??? That's insane... he's got an ironclad case. Admittedly he shouldn't have made the offer pre-reference check, but still...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

You don't go to a funeral to give support to the person that died. By staying on topic, did I go off course?

As far as the split, keep your mouth shut. That's none of your business.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
        Actually that's exactly what she did and when some guy offered her a job to start in two weeks, after he researched her info and found out she was lying he resended the offer.
        Why did she turn it down the second time? Seems like the guy was really enamored with her. Either that or she was getting some skanky job in fake medicine prostitution and he didn't care.

Comment

Tiamat, if opening your mouth at the most inopportune and inappropriate times is a problem, this might help...

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
            I think that you go to funerals to support the living more than to remember the dead -- it sounds like you should go.

Exactly what I'd say.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Re: Proper Funeral Etiquette

Originally posted by Tiamat
              Proper Funeral Etiquette ???
              Do not hump the corpse, even if it is an open casket service.
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

So sad, more marriages break up over money than infidelity. But then, how hard can it be to keep a mindless job like you'd get with her work history? I've never understood that; worked nine years in just such a place.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Support your friend by attending the funeral. While there, if you get a private moment, focus only on the proceeding and the lost. Talk about the brother (to get her to speak), about the service, the location, the arrangements, the "how is she taking it" stuff. Her relationship with her husband and possible futures should never come up. Who knows, he's stuck around for that long, maybe he'll change his mind and stay. He can't do that if you force his hand in the name of "warning" her. Care for her in her loss, mind your own business about the future. Just how I would approach it, anyway.
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Wiggy, give it a rest. Geeze.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, you can always count on Lefty to think about humping Friend and I are splitting the difference. She goes to this one and I'll take the next one. At the rate our friends are dropping it won't be long.
                        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Working...
                        X