LordShiva and DaShi's homework: Teh Disadvantages of Elite Education

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiglaf
    You never did understand the concept of a graduate course you nimb cocked lunatic.

Low smog levels
    One is Bachelors?
    One is Masters?
    One is PhD?

Suck my oversized overserviced ****, if you have a graduate degree it's in some kind of art.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No, two are undergrad. Tricked you. **** face. Perhaps when you are done jerking it off to my impressive educational resume we can get back to how I'm destroying you in this thread. If you ever wanted to have kids, you might want to check your nuts, for I think I have destroyed them here today.

Comment

No, two are undergrad. Tricked you. **** face. Perhaps when you are done jerking it off to my impressive educational resume we can get back to how I'm destroying you in this thread. If you ever wanted to have kids, you might want to check your nuts, for I think I have destroyed them here today.
        I am demolishing you like Rosie O'Donnell demolishes a twinky. You wish you had my propensity for owning. I actually went to a school that wasn't geographically confused, I find it helps.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Plenty of legacies get into Yale and Harvard but this is because they're quite bright because obviously they're kids of bright people.

Actually, I went to an Ivy, and every time I met someone who didn't seem quite bright enough to be there, it turned out he or she was a legacy.

(Of course, Bush's Yale degree should be proof enough of Wiggie's fallacious reasoning there, but I thought I'd throw in my own $0.02.)
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

The article's biggest indictment is that the Ivy schools have gotten progressively further away from traditional liberal/humanities edication, acting more as portals to career entitlement throught networking than as guides to true intellectual pursuit.

Those few downtrodden people allowed entry into the Ivy schools are still sucked into the elitist system while being constantly reminded that they are not "one of us" at every turn. And this is done while continuing the entitlement of so-called legacy admissions, which is how losers like W are admitted.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Geographically confused? What the **** DOES THAT EVEN MEAN. You probably didn't even go to a ****ing school and just blew every professor wearing bermuda shorts.

Good to know you think everyone gets into Harvard because of their daddy though. If it makes you feel better for going to stanley cup University or the school of fantasy hockey, so be it, just don't bother this ****ty site with your fantasies about my twinkie.

Comment

The article's biggest indictment is that the Ivy schools have gotten progressively further away from traditional liberal/humanities edication

As long as they're getting away from that that in the direction of the sciences, it's not a problem

Comment

I just realized I forgot the link. Added.

The author was an English prof for 10 years at Yale.

Comment

Translation, he did nothing all day and pretended like anyone cares about his useless hobby while they tested the nitrogen bomb in the 'important building' down the street.

Comment

Geographically confused? What the **** DOES THAT EVEN MEAN.
                      Having a University of Washington in St Louis. It's just all kinds of ****ed up.

You probably didn't even go to a ****ing school and just blew every professor wearing bermuda shorts.
                      LITTLE KNOWN FACT: My school had an annual "bermuda shorts day" (BSD) that was my favourite day of the year.

Good to know you think everyone gets into Harvard because of their daddy though. If it makes you feel better for going to stanley cup University or the school of fantasy hockey, so be it, just don't bother this ****ty site with your fantasies about my twinkie.
                      That's the other thing, Yale and Harvard have crap hockey teams. They're too busy ****ing eachother and reciting pretentious poetry to eachother instead of playing the game.

Comment

Translation, he did nothing all day and pretended like anyone cares about his useless hobby while they tested the nitrogen bomb in the 'important building' down the street.
                        You share my assessment of people with BA/MA degrees, then.

Comment

It's settled. Asher and wiggy agree!
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

No, but English is by far the most useless of the BAs.

Having a University of Washington in St Louis. It's just all kinds of ****ed up.
                            I know this They added 'in st louis' to the name recently but it only made it worse.

Comment

Hey, Washington U. in St. Louis is a pretty damn good school.

I was hoping for an actual discussion here, but this thread has gone south pretty quickly. However, please continue.

opcorn:
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                                Hey, Washington U. in St. Louis is a pretty damn good school.

I was hoping for an actual discussion here, but this thread has gone south pretty quickly. However, please continue.

opcorn:
                                A real discussion is nice too, if someone wants to have it. No one is contesting it so far though, or at least contesting it seriously.

(And the University of Washington in St Louis actually is known very well in computer science circles, I know it's a good school. Wiglaf is one smart cookie [perhaps gingerbread] and that speaks volumes. )

Comment

Working...
                                X