Is A Revolution Possible In America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is A Revolution Possible In America?

We did it once but do we still have the fire or the cause for revolution. Times aren't good but not bad enough for revolution as it is, but what would it take to shift us to that point or are we all too comfortable and afraid of losing what we have to get to that point. Commies talk about it as they sip on their coffee and young people sport anarchy logos on their T-shirts but I don't expect much from them.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Invalid poll
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Too many of us have far too much to lose. Things would have to change pretty dramatically for there to be the right atmosphere for revolution.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Re: Is A Revolution Possible In America?

Originally posted by Sprayber
        Commies talk about it as they sip on their coffee and young people sport anarchy logos on their T-shirts but I don't expect much from them.
        Yes, let's follow the thought process of the people who have a firm grip on reality.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

well at least you have the firepower for revolution... what's the point if you don't use it?
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            Too many of us have far too much to lose. Things would have to change pretty dramatically for there to be the right atmosphere for revolution.

-Arrian
            That's pretty much how I see it. So much to lose and really nothing to gain.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
              well at least you have the firepower for revolution... what's the point if you don't use it?
              Well I have my shotgun and rifle but I'm not so sure how good those will be against what others may have

Comment

We did have a revolution, one that has occurred over the last 30 years. Starting with the rise of the Moral Majority and Christian Coalition, Newt's revamping of the House and Bush's stacking of the federal courts.

Conservatives can have revolutions too. And they aren't necessarily violent.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

-Arrian
                  Is that "too many" just us white folks. If so, we're quickly becoming the minority. Immigrants and poor people have nothing to lose and plenty to gain. And with a high percentage of weapons in the getteos.........

But the US is great at Bread and Circuses so there's absolutely nothing to worry about.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The poor will have to feel such a crunch that they can't get by (again)... and the wealthy will have to not respond to it.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Mine should work out just fine.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

when has the wealthy ever responded?
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The government responding is basically the same as the wealthy responding. So the 30s/40s.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Of course it's my belief that the poor are too lazy to revolt. Which is why most of them are poor. Yes, I know there are exceptions.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                              We did have a revolution, one that has occurred over the last 30 years. Starting with the rise of the Moral Majority and Christian Coalition, Newt's revamping of the House and Bush's stacking of the federal courts.

Conservatives can have revolutions too. And they aren't necessarily violent.

interesting
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X