RIP Tony Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Tony Snow

Surprised there's no thread on this yet - as much as I disliked the man's politics I always had to appreciate his uncommon civility. The White House has certainly lost what was (at least relatively) a voice of reason.

What a difference just one year of chemo makes:

Last edited by Darius871; July 12, 2008, 22:16.
    Unbelievable!

RIP
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

There is- sorta.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
        There is- sorta.
        Google didn't bring up any newer photos but I saw an interview on TV from September 2007 where he made zombies look good. I can't imagine the sort of damage the chemo did by now.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

Did he color his hair or did he really turn within this year from black to completely white?
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I spent an afternoon with him and his chief aide about a year and a half ago, when Bush was in town. Most folks here know I'm no fan of all things Bush, but Snow was impressive -- a consummate professional in public, and a genuinely nice guy in private.

RIP Tony . I can't believe you're gone and Cheney's still around.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

What exactly do you do for the DoS that lands you in the same room as the WH Press Secretary? That's pretty cool.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

It's always sad when someone dies. Even in this case.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
                  What exactly do you do for the DoS that lands you in the same room as the WH Press Secretary? That's pretty cool.
                  When high-level visitors travel overseas, the foreign service officers posted there get deployed in a variety of capacities. When Bush was here, Snow had to do a meet-and-greet on his own with a group called "Overseas Republicans"; I was Snow's liaison between him and the group, and also the guy responsible for getting him to the event, etc. It's essentially concierge service, but you get to meet some interesting people.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                  X