Rev Jackson shows his class again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev Jackson shows his class again

Has there been a thread on this already. If not, I can't believe it. Or are all our staunch Democrats embarassed by the lastest, another black man attacks Obama.

I've always known the Rev was a self serving hypocritical ass, but his lastest has proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I even love how everyone is accepting his most fake apology trying to minimize any damage.

All in all, pretty damn hilarious. What a bitter old man.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

This was straight out a West Wing episode.

Jesse is a pud and, as it turns out, an idiot. Unbelievable that someone so media-savvy would say something like that in a TV studio. "I didn't know it was a live mic." -- AS IF!!!!!

When your own son repudiates you, you know you've really screwed up.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Re: Rev Jackson shows his class again

Originally posted by rah
      Has there been a thread on this already. If not, I can't believe it. Or are all our staunch Democrats embarassed by the lastest, another black man attacks Obama.
      I was under the impression that no one here gave a damn about Jesse Jackson.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I assume you're referring to this bit, which I cut from Wikipedia:

On July 6, 2008, during a news interview an open microphone picked up Jackson whispering, "See, Barack's been talking down to black people ... I want to cut his nuts off", in regards to the Democratic presidential candidate, but he later apologized for his remarks and reiterated his support for Obama.

Or has he said something even dumber recently?
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

No, that's the one.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm cool with this. It shows Jesse Jackson is a down to earth kind of guy who speaks like a real person.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Naw, it shows he an old bitter idiot.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I can't imagine Jesse Jackson saying anything more helpful to Obama. I mean, you almost have to ponder whether it was set up. It wasn't, I know, but I mean, come on...

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I don't see how this could be helpful. As useless as the Rev can be, there are still quite a few blacks that hold him in high esteem and would do anything he asked.

maybe not cut off Obama's balls, but pretty much anything else.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If you were to have your balls cut off for talking down to Black people, Jesse Jackson would've been talking at a distinctly higher pitch all these years.

And how about talking down to non-Black people? I suppose that's ok in the view of the Right Moronic Mr. Jackson..

Comment

Excellent point, Winston.

Comment

I even love how everyone is accepting his most fake apology trying to minimize any damage.
                        What damage? Looks like Jackson did Obama a ton of good.
                        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                        -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          If you were to have your balls cut off for talking down to Black people, Jesse Jackson would've been talking at a distinctly higher pitch all these years.

And how about talking down to non-Black people? I suppose that's ok in the view of the Right Moronic Mr. Jackson..
                          Have you ever seen a black person before in person? I'm just curious.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                            Naw, it shows he an old bitter idiot.
                            That's an entirely unrelated but equally true assessment.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo

What damage? Looks like Jackson did Obama a ton of good.

Rah - amongst white people, this will play well, I think. Jesse Jackson is, as you might know, not terribly well-liked in that particular demographic. Him ripping Obama (for essentially stating the obvious) is a positive. As for black people, the comments I've been seeing online about this are generally along the lines of "I appreciate what Jesse did and all, but gosh he's a bit of a relic at this point."

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X