Stupid Commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Commercials

Since being laid off I have had the privilege to watch way more tv than any human really should. Unfortunately I what I am forced to watch is Dora, Clifford, Arthur, and a plethora of mind numbing shows that appeals only to 3 year olds and, civfanatic admins, and Lancer. By lunch I find myself curled up the fetal position yelling, "Shuddup Map, I know you're the map, and I heard you the first 80 times how to get to Tall Mountain!"

After Josie goes down for her nap wifey turns on all the horrible judge shows that plague daytime tv. The people on these shows rival those on greyhound buses. Never would I sue my estranged friend, father, enemy, stranger, whatever for $50! It's $50, let it ago!

I swear I saw Che suing Tehban on there the other day.

Anyway, worse than the shows are the commercials. You know the ones, the ones were you can become a dental assistant, legal secretary, or pharmaceutical bean counter. They all offer exciting careers in fields that generally require 4+ years of post graduate work, but you can get into these fields with only a GED! The best part about these jobs, is apparently everyone wears scrubs! WTF?! Why is the legal secretary wearing scrubs?!

I am learning why housewives slowly go nuts.

What's your least favorite commercial that makes you say WTF?
    Monkey!!!

During my last stint of unemployment, I got all my TV from the internet. I don't know what commercials are.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Have you thought about, say, reading to Josie? Seriously, I've been through the preschooler TV thing. It really can drive you crazy.

I work at home and make it a point to keep the TV off during my working day. I make the occasional exception for a major sporting event (e.g. Masters golf) when I'm not too busy.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

working from home, and don't even watch TV at all unless it's an exception like European Championship, or some good TV documentary (perhaps once a week)...

TV is pure and unadulterated crap all 500 channels of it. Watching 5min of it makes me go WTF?!?

10 min makes me swear, and more than that I just go into the kitchen, out, or on the net. All the good films, I have already seen, newsnight at BBC can be fun if right topic and participants (rare)... Jonathan Ross is OK most of the time, and anything else??? can't think of it...

and ads - name a good ad, all are vomit inducing after 5 min... a good ad was Volkswagen "Singing in the Rain" Golf ad, but that was years ago or so...
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Don't watch TV. Play Civ IV.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
            Have you thought about, say, reading to Josie? Seriously, I've been through the preschooler TV thing. It really can drive you crazy.

I work at home and make it a point to keep the TV off during my working day. I make the occasional exception for a major sporting event (e.g. Masters golf) when I'm not too busy.
            We read to her a lot, though mostly in the afternoon. She doesn't really watch the TV, 'cept for Dora. It's just on and she's usually playing outside or in her play room (the dining room).
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

We read to her a lot, though mostly in the afternoon. She doesn't really watch the TV, 'cept for Dora. It's just on and she's usually playing outside or in her play room (the dining room).
              Then turn it off and stop going crazy
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Don't watch TV. Play Civ IV.
                QFT!!

As for stupid commercials, nothing - and I really mean this - NOTHING - beats the "Guisseppe Franco" commercial that ran on the YES network for a while (selling some anti-hair loss product).

-Arrian
                Last edited by Arrian; July 11, 2008, 14:15.
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It's not that stupid, when I am fat and 50 I will be buying this. Guiseepi Franco is an awesome name.

"I'm Guiseppi Franco. I'm not putting my name on the line for something that doesn't work."

Comment

I'm sooooooooooooo getting that!
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

The comments are actually good, a Youtube first.

---My only question is: who the **** is Giuseppe Franco? Oh, another question: what business owner would hawk a product for 1/20th of what he himself charges? Wouldn't that be a little bad for business?

---Do you know who that is? That's Giuseppe Franco! He aint putting his name on the line for a product that doesn't work!

---haha i always crack up when he walks through the counter and smiles. -IM GIUSEPPE FRANCO, YOU THINK I PUT MY NAME ON THE LINE FOR A PRODUCT THAT DOESNT WORK.

---guisseppi franco looks like sid vicious did his hair!!! brilliant! give me guisseppi franco or give me death!

---this nigga is the ****! he looks loaded and sounds like it too! He is giuseppe franco! After researching this I found out that he is Joe Peshi's 3rd cousin!

---please elect giusseppe franco for dictator this november! giusseppe franco fever is sweeping the planet! we are even digging him here in greenland!!!!

---They play this commercial at least 10 times every day that the New York Mets play. There was no one I hated...untile Giuseppe Franco came into my life. I hate this commercial.

Comment

That's the one, baby

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

giusseppe franco -

if you apply more than three times in 90 days you are a werewolf

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I should sue che for what he owes me. Unfortunately there's no getting blood from a stone.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

nor stones from a blood.

my tv hasn't been off all day, and I haven't watched any of it.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X