Texas is No. 1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas is No. 1!

Number One in the nation for business, according to CNBC.

LINK

Climbing oil prices pushed Texas passed last year's winner Virginia. With the increased price of crude, Texas is re-opening abandoned oil fields where it was been previously uneconomical to pump.

I wish they had a red-state/blue-state breakdown of that list.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

I believe Minnesota(#10) is the only Blue state in the top 10.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
        I wish they had a red-state/blue-state breakdown of that list.
        Because it's based upon friendliness to business and not to standard of living, the list is going to be heavily weighted to the states using the Republican trickle-down philosophy.

Comment

Wait, the quality of life is highest in New Jersey? The same state that spawned a million 'armpit* of the US' comments?

*armpit may not be the actual term used.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
            Wait, the quality of life is highest in New Jersey? The same state that spawned a million 'armpit* of the US' comments?

*armpit may not be the actual term used.
            Well, the basically refine all the gas East of the Mississippi.
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

And I know the "quality of life" is bull****, given the expenses need to live in Hawai'i

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                Because it's based upon friendliness to business and not to standard of living, the list is going to be heavily weighted to the states using the Republican trickle-down philosophy.
                But on the other hand, the opposite philosophy appears to have the effect of driving business (i.e. employers) from your state to others, thereby tanking the standard of living just as effectively if not more. Kinda like what's happening to the country as a whole vis-a-vis Asia for that matter. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
                Unbelievable!

Comment

But on the other hand, the opposite philosophy appears to have the effect of driving business (i.e. employers) from your state to others, thereby tanking the standard of living just as effectively if not more. Kinda like what's happening to the country as a whole vis-a-vis Asia for that matter. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
                  Says you. We're the -- depending on whose talking -- fifth, sixth, seventh largest economy in the world. Businesses aren't going to walk away from this pot of gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                    We're the -- depending on whose talking -- fifth, sixth, seventh largest economy in the world. Businesses aren't going to walk away from this pot of gold.
                    They've already been doing it for some-odd thirty years, so why stop now? The only thing keeping us afloat is unsustainable debt.
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

Don't, Zk. Let people think what they want to think.
                      We don't want them coming here, telling us how it was done back in...New Jersey, or wherever.
                      "If it was so ****ing great, why are you here? Go on. Get out. Take rah and his long hair with you."
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh...uh...right.

Texas is a horrible place. Filled with deserts, snakes and gila monsters.

Go to some place nice....like Cleveland.
                        Whatever you do, don't go to Texas.

Comment

There is truth in this.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                          X