No announcement yet.

Environmentalists, misleading headline kill Camry designer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget it's japs - they have to drink their brain out after work while singing karaoke
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Sounds like fun.

Well a couple of nights a week at least.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yep, but probably not good for the health
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

One of Dolores' cousins works 80+ hours/wk. Complains of headaches, but still alive, AFAIK.

Hell, my dad used to work 100+ hours/wk as a superintendent for BK back in the 70s. And I've worked 70-80 hours/wk for long stretches at a time.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

It seems to me that the bigger problem society is facing is the number of deaths resulting from too little work, rather than too much.

Comment

Re: Environmentalists, misleading headline kill Camry designer

Last year, a court in central Japan ordered the government to pay compensation to Hiroko Uchino, the wife of a Toyota employee who collapsed at work and died at age 30 in 2002. She took the case to court after her application to the local labor bureau for compensation was rejected.

I don't understand why the government should pay compensation and not the company

Comment

It's probably like disability payments in the US. The gov't pays disability compensation and collects premiums from companies.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                  Karoshi is a honorable death.
                  QFT!
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                    It seems to me that the bigger problem society is facing is the number of deaths resulting from too little work, rather than too much.
                    *yawn*

/me proceeds smoking

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
                      So does this mean that the hybrid Camry will be delayed?

I've driven one. They are out already. It was a rental while our Highlander was in the shop.

It drove pretty nice. The mileage can vary depending on how you drive. I'd say average is about 35-40 on average conditions... you could probably get 42-45mpg if you were obsessive about your driving... used the pulse and glide technique, coasted a lot, etc... doing that stuff we can get about 50+ in the Prius. The Highlander hybrid isn't bad... for an SUV. It gets about 25-30. There have been occasions when we've gotten it in the 32-35 range. But that is only when the weather is nice and we've done a lot of driving that is good for the mileage (35-45mph, lots of coasting, etc).

The hybrids have potential. With extra battery packs and solar panels, existing models can be outfitted to achieve 100+ mpg. It's a shame that the manufacturers don't show much interest in providing consumers with such upgrades. It's not a question of cost or profit. It wouldn't cost much for Toyota to either develop the technology or just acquire it from a 3rd party that's already made the modifications (and there are companies that have done so) and put them on newer Prius models and/or offer them to owners of current vehicles. As someone who owns a Prius, I would certainly be willing to pay a grand (work it into my payments somehow) for a solar upgrade. I mean, drop my car off at the dealer, have them slap it on, and bam, the car can now run off the batteries during the daylight making it more efficient and having to use less gas. I've read that this can make the Prius get an extra 20-30mpg depending on the weather.

that's all
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's a shame that the manufacturers don't show much interest in providing consumers with such upgrades.

Prius is getting solar panels in 2009
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher where do you see yourself in 10 years? This should be interesting.

Comment

Executive at my own company or someone else's. What any boy dreams of, really.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                            X