[LAME] Bend Over and Spread 'Em.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LAME] Bend Over and Spread 'Em.

So much for that nice severance package I had. Not even a full month since being laid off and they are unable to meet payroll or pay creditors. I kinda expected this to happen, actually, just not so soon. It would have been nice if they had warned me instead of letting me wake up to bouncing checks. I could have turned off my automatic payments.

I have some money squirreled away in other accounts, so I can pay my rent and I've filed for unemployment. But I'm not going to be able to attend the conferences I had planned on attending, and I'm going to have to look into getting a job now. I will also lose my insurance.

Assuming that they aren't going to pay, and aren't just late.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Re: [LAME] Bend Over and Spread 'Em.

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    I'm going to have to look into getting a job now.
    Teh horror!
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Hey, I was looking forward to a three month vacation with no worries. Now I have to have with with lots of worries.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Good luck. I hope it turns around quickly.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Maybe they are just late. I hope so for your sake.

I remember one start up company I worked for we were always cutting it close when payroll checks went out.
          I'd always take a pin and punch tiny holes in the routing numbers on the checks. Just enough so the scanners would fail on the read and they'd have to be processed manually. It always took and extra day or two, and kept us from bouncing them. Unfortunately the scanners these days are much better.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, that's ethical.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hey, I was looking forward to a three month vacation with no worries. Now I have to have with with lots of worries.
              No offense, but that is completely irresponsible.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The terms of the severance keep me from working.

Comment

The terms of the severance keep me from working.
                  That would be illegal and unenforceable.

If you're looking at a non-compete agreement, use your ample free time to do some basic research.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                    Maybe they are just late. I hope so for your sake.
                    I was able to get a chat going with one of the people still working there, and he hadn't noticed we hadn't been paid yet. He said something to the boss and he said they were working on it, whatever that means. At least they haven't shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles

That would be illegal and unenforceable.

If you're looking at a non-compete agreement, use your ample free time to do some basic research.
                      I'm using the time to study PHP.

Comment

You can learn all there is to know about PHP in 48 hours.

Use the time to find a job. Even if you do have a non-compete, I'm certain it's unenforcable in this case. If it is enforcable, I'm certain it doesn't preclude you from LOOKING for a job.

Comment

Che's Dream Want-Ad

WANTED: Politcal collective seeks Web monkey with Communist Party affiliation. Applicant should have HTML and XML coding ability, preferably with C++ and Cold Fusion skills, and strong abilities in both graphics and database management. Background as political candidate a plus. Must be willing to work for $100K, subject to redistribution. Submit personal manifesto with references.

Hang in there, man!
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Comment

Best of luck with this SNAFU, Che.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X