Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please explain this map to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Why is this surprising to anyone? What main ancestry were you expecting?
    Well, I was kind of expecting England and Ireland.

I guess that is due to the fact I never hear about German influence inside America. Do the Germans do nothing there?
    be free

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy

Well, I was kind of expecting England and Ireland.

I guess that is due to the fact I never hear about German influence inside America. Do the Germans do nothing there?
      A lot of Germans moved to flyover states that get ignored a lot, there's a lot of German influence throughout a big swath of the Mid-West.
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

You have to remember that this map was generated by only looking at people's last name and then assigning a nationality to it. The actual national background of people might be very different for example 5/8ths English, 2/8ths French, 1/8German but if the last name is German then it's registered as German. Not an exact science.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If they only did something to improve your beer, bread, and cars. At least recently you figured out the Panzer thing
          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            You have to remember that this map was generated by only looking at people's last name and then assigning a nationality to it. The actual national background of people might be very different for example 5/8ths English, 2/8ths French, 1/8German but if the last name is German then it's registered as German. Not an exact science.
            If that is true, that would imply that Germans are more likely to have boyz, while English more likely to have girlz.
            Statistically more boys? Natural evolution of a warlike civilization?
            Ja, ja, mehr Soldaten!!
            The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Will
              The strange thing is that English is that the 1980 census showed English as the largest ancestry at about 15%. The 2000 census showed that the percent of English had halved. In exchange German went up 3% and American went up 5%, IIRC.
              WTF is American ancestry if there's a separate American Indian entry? Does it describe people who grow on American trees instead of being born?
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry

If that is true, that would imply that Germans are more likely to have boyz, while English more likely to have girlz.
                Statistically more boys? Natural evolution of a warlike civilization?
                Ja, ja, mehr Soldaten!!
                No. It means lots of German men came to America in the 19th century and then they ended up marrying local girls.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera

WTF is American ancestry if there's a separate American Indian entry? Does it describe people who grow on American trees instead of being born?
                  It means there are a lot of red necks who don't know their family background.

Comment

It means they are aboriginals..
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes somebody please explain why Irish is not green! What kind of map makes Irish not green?

Comment

Irish haters.
                        Clearly.

Celtophobes.
                        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                          Wait, I thought Americans were supposed to be ignorant about this sort of stuff?
                          Laboring along in ignorance again?
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

In addition to what Oerdin pointed out, keep in mind that a lot of those counties on that map are sparsely populated. Fifty percent of our people live in just ten states.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              I think it is generated using census data
                              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Working...
                              X