Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuciwalker in Israel

Random Observations:

1. It looks like I'm in Assassin's Creed.

2. It's a little surreal walking down a really skinny street in Old Jerusalem full of shops, and looking into the shops and seeing a well-lit, normal-looking shop. Pretty cool though.

3. There's a George Washington St that intersects King David St

4. Are there any polytubbies in Jerusalem right now?

5. Everything here uses the same basic architecture. It looks good, but gets kinda boring after a while.

6. We went to too many placed to list today (lots of jesusy stuff, also the wailing wall), but tomorrow we're going to see Masada. We found a really good tour guide semi-randomly when trying to find the Jaffa Gate this morning.

I've been in Israel twice, liked it very much. One of them places I'll go again.

Take all the jesusy stuff in as well, to me, at the time, it seemed sort of boring, but they are historical places, even if not very religious, then take them as mythological places. But there's not too many places in the world where you can wander around those places, whether you consider them real or mythological. So it's kind of cool IMO, and I'm happy I did it all when I was in there, that is I'm happy in retrospect, it was OK then, but now it seems way more cool.

I was, too, at the Jaffa Gate, I guess that's not a coincidence if you're in Israel, so I missed you by only many years. But you can take this to your heart, you didn't so much stomp the grounds of Jesus but you shared the same space as I did. Now, that is cool.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Oppressor lover
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You should hold hands with another man in Israel, I hear they like that.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Welcome

Will you be in Tel Aviv any time soon?

I think we could arrange a quick polymeet

Comment

Re: Kuciwalker in Israel

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            5. Everything here uses the same basic architecture. It looks good, but gets kinda boring after a while.

i hate it too

Comment

Working...
            X