• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beijing knows how to deal with students
    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
      Beijing knows how to deal with students
      Only if those pesky trouble-makers try to disrupt the heavenly peace... Serves them right! We don´t need no music! Try to sell Singaporean music for €3,99 to European markets - won´t work. If they brought sports shoes, computer games or toys on the other hand...
      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
      Let me eat your yummy brain!
      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

News just got worse, half the instruments are lost/stolen.

I bet my boss is about to ready to retire
        be free

Comment

Re: Re: Shame on you China.

Originally posted by Agathon

So that's a hundred dollar tax each? That's not much. Maybe they should have read the fine print before going there. There would seem to be more to this story than you have related.
          They didn't tax SGD200,000, they taxed RMB1,000,000
          be free

Comment

Taxing rich foreigners
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

taxing rich foreigners
              taxing poor students
              money & property going to a police state or thugs
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Re: Shame on you China.

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                Just a short story some might be interested in.

My boss organised a "Music Festival" to be held in Beijing China; 2,000 Singaporean brass instrument students from 6 Singaporean schools flew over to Beijing, all with their instruments.

So they land in Beijing the other day, and what happens? Beijing Airport holds all of their instruments and asks them to pay (tax) in order to have them released from the airport.

What is the tax? SG$200,000 (US$140,000).

So now, there are 2000 young students, stuck in Beijing, with their instruments held at ransom and they can't perform. These students paid good hard money to play at this festival and Beijing has to be a ******** and tax their instruments because of SECURITY REASONS.

A big **** you to China.
                A bad story for China.

(a) They get revenue from tourism. (Can you spell Olympics?) This is going to depress tourism.

(b) They ship a lot of stuff through Singapore. Singapore might turn around and start taxing more of their stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                  taxing rich foreigners
                  taxing poor students
                  money & property going to a police state or thugs
                  Hey, if a police state is going to take property it's better that they take it from the rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Hey, if a police state is going to take property it's better that they take it from the rich.
                    What is your definition of rich exactly? I see you write a lot of about it and I was just curious what you considered rich.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

What is your definition of rich exactly? I see you write a lot of about it and I was just curious what you considered rich.
                      Well, even a student in Singapore is much richer than most people in China.

Comment

Maybe they can use the money to make sure their own students aren't crushed to death if there are more earthquakes
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Why do you suppose that is?
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Well, less people, for one.
                            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles
                              Well, less people, for one.
                              Less people total won't make them wealthier. Baltimore has fewer people than New York, but it's not wealthier per capita.

And I'm sure the population density of Singapore makes China look practically empty. So it's not a matter of over-crowding.
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X