Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything is good with the world

Seriously though, this is ****ing retarded:

But Mr MacKenzie, who backs Labour on 42 days, said he wanted to stand against Mr Davis on behalf of the Sun and had the backing of the newspaper's proprietor Rupert Murdoch, after discussing it with him at party on Thursday night.

He told the BBC: "I have been associated with The Sun for 30 years. The Sun is very, very hostile to David Davis because of his 28 day stance and The Sun has always been very up for 42 days and perhaps even 420 days."

****ing tit.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Last edited by Dauphin; June 14, 2008, 06:46.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

I think the bed is calling you.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I can't go to bed knowing that I could be locked away for over a year without charge on some bull**** excuse (if some had their way).

Comment

Fine, I'll go to bed, but Wiglaf better not try anything.....

Comment

I'm always the flirtable drunk

Comment

MacKenzie is a **** of the first order. Always has been. Always will be. I hope Davis crushes him.

Comment

I don't know. It would be hilarious if Davis lost. As a hanger-and-flogger he's fooling nobody with all this hand-wringing stuff.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I don't believe he has honest motives, but I hope that such actions do lead to a repeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                  I don't know. It would be hilarious if Davis lost. As a hanger-and-flogger he's fooling nobody with all this hand-wringing stuff.
                  Nothing hilarious about McKenzie winning though. Cutting off your hand you spite your face supporting him.

Comment

I think this is a fantastic move by Davies, let's hope that the Sun gets a total clobbering. With any luck it'll stiffen the spine of the Lib Dems as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                      I don't believe he has honest motives
                      Given his history I don't agree. Obviously as a politician he will have taken into account the publicity he will get, but his stance has been a consistent one on this and related issues. In my view it's not just about raising his profile, or indeed driven by that.

Comment

Oh balls. The Tories spent decades campaigning for greater police powers and were the party that gave us internment. Davis has a long track record of right-wing (by Tory standards) social politics- his current pinko tendencies are purely opportunistic through Party Political opposition to Labour.

Anyone thinking Davis and the Tories are the saviours of our liberties is in for a horrible shock if they get elected- because they'll be looking for the votes of Sun readers to swing Labour seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                          Davis has a long track record of right-wing (by Tory standards) social politics- his current pinko tendencies are purely opportunistic through Party Political opposition to Labour.
                          Sorry but this doesn't make sense. The majority of the top tories are unhappy at Davis's decision. Cameron replaced him in the Shadow Cabinet already and made clear it was permanent.

Comment

Nobody claimed it was going to be a great career move under Cameron.

Comment

I don't see how his "pinko tendencies" can be described as "purely opportunistic" and just representing "Party Political opposition" when neither he nor his party will benefit.

Comment

Working...
                              X