• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Paul to make major announcement tonight

Taken from www.ronpaul2008.com

Ron Paul to Make Major Announcement Tonight

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 12, 2008

HOUSTON, TX – Presidential candidate Ron Paul will make a major announcement tonight during a rally coinciding with the Texas GOP State Convention. The event will be held from 9:00 pm – 11:00 pm at the Hilton America Hotel in downtown Houston, right across from the George R. Brown Convention Center.

There has been wide speculation about the future of the limited government movement that has been inspired by Dr. Paul’s presidential bid. This event comes on the heels of revelations this week that Dr. Paul will hold a rally to celebrate liberty and Republican traditions in Minnesota during the GOP convention this September.
    The speculation is that Ron Paul is considering running as an independent which just can't be good news for John McCain since the small government types normally vote Republican. I guess we'll find out.

Oh, and just so our GOPers don't despair to much Nader has also been talking about running yet again. It would be interesting to see two well known names running as independents just to see how it effects the two major candidates.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Of course, Ron Paul could be making an entirely different announcement.

Comment

Another lie. Nothing Ron Paul does could be considered major.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Nothing Ron Paul can do would be considered major. Misleading thread title.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
          Another lie. Nothing Ron Paul does could be considered major.
          You son of a *****, you stole my post 3 minutes before I got around to make it.

Edit your post so I can look like the smart one.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Blah

Comment

Looks like he quit. He had a nice run, and it was nice to see a Republican candidate who was willing to criticize the war in Iraq, and the war on drugs.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

<------

Comment

John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        You're really lazy.

Comment

What I read is that he is NOT running independent, but will be starting an organization that works to get more "libertarian-leaning Republicans" elected this fall.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Makes sense.

Comment

Boringithreadi
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X