Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would the effect on the economy be if gold became abundant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would the effect on the economy be if gold became abundant?

For some reason, a large amount of gold comes into the world economy and continuously to enter into it, I could not say how, suppose someone figures out how to turn paper towels into gold and posts the easy to follow instructions on how to do so with house hold chemicals, on the internet.

What effect would a suddenly and continuing abundance of gold in the global/national economics have?
    Last edited by Vesayen; June 11, 2008, 00:20.

Not much long term effect on most nations. It might confuse/upset a few of the crazy people though.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Teh gold standard is dead, thankfully.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

There would be a huge number of "dives" taken in various finals in the upcoming Olympics.

Comment

Might give a few +2 gold on plots of 2 gold..

Plus its **SHINEY**

(Shameless plug for DanQ our Canadian hero)
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

The price of jewelry not made with gold would go up.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: What would the effect on the economy be if gold became abundant?

Originally posted by Vesayen
              For some reason, a large amount of gold comes into the world economy and continuously to enter into it, I could not say how, suppose someone figures out how to turn paper towels into gold and posts the easy to follow instructions on how to do so with house hold chemicals, on the internet.

What effect would a suddenly and continuing abundance of gold in the global economy have, on the and on national economies?
              India would have one continuous We Love The President Day.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

South Africans, as a last resort, will declare war on the rest of the world.

Comment

South Africa uber ales!
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

What about diamonds? What if people decide they like quartz better?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No worries there.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The real question is what would happen to the world economy if oil became abundant, in drain countries that is.

Comment

Why is that a real question and teh other one not?
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Ever heard of Wittgenstein you PUNK

Because it's a better question. Gold and the economy are not related. Gold and oil are

Comment

So make that: what would happen to gold if the world economy became abundant in oiliness.

Much more of a point can't possibly made in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X