Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do you think of the new Moog guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what do you think of the new Moog guitar?

The first thing I thought was "blasphemy!". And then my second thought was "Ah, great, everyone will now sound like Robert Fripp!". Its not pretty and its $6,495.

Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Hope to see it at the NAMM show in Nashville in 2 weeks.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Goodbye talent being useful...
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

A synthesizer that looks like a guitar?

Comment

Its not a synthesizer
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
            Goodbye talent being useful...
            How so?

Comment

Robert Fripp
              Unbelievable!

Comment

Well, perhaps I am making an OTT claim, but if that guitar allows new players to play somewhat similar after only a little (compared to a lifetime, obviously), then as you say, being as skilled as "the Robert Fripp" is not going to be particalury special.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Watch the video before you spout off, Krill.

Watch the reaction of real guitarists to this instrument. It's not a synth at all. It's a real guitar with near-infinite sustain and active muting.

This design is on the order of adding pedals to the piano.

Actual musicians may want to visit:
                  Moog Music
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I watched the video. Your point is?

Comment

If you can get a rise out of an artist like Vernon Reid, you have created something very special.

These are guys who never have to pay for their gear unless they want customized guitars/amps/etc. Lou Reed has a personal luthier. Vernon designs his guitars, which are in turn built for him buy Hamer.

This is an as-is product that cannot be customized. And these guys are ready to write a check. That speaks volumes.

Comment

I knew I read an article about moogs recently.

Babb and company made some discoveries that would impress electronic music aficionados and librarians: original schematics for every Moog ever built; theremins, assembled and dissembled, including the nearly-unique theremin cello; prototypes for a touch-sensitive keyboard that would change pitch depending on where on the key the player touches (developed with Babb’s professor John Eaton); and stacks of rare Moog recordings (including unreleased works by classical Moog pioneer Wendy Carlos and contemporary musicians).

NUVOArchives
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                        X