Moviethreadi II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher
    I am going to go see Indiana Jones today.
    dont!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
      dont!
      QFT. A pretty bad movie, overall.
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I liked it. I think it was fun and I found myself laughing, groaning, and cheering through the whole thing.

When Even Steven (Jones' boy) was swinging like a monkey to catch up to the speeding vehicles, that was so possible!

The ending, was just as bad as any of the others

It was exactly what I expected from an IJ movie
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Indy IV was a very entertaining movie.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It was ok. I saw it this weekend, along with Iron Man (drive in 2-fer). It wasn't Raiders or Last Crusade, but thankfull it wasn't ToD either. Phew.

Iron Man was sorta ok. I left with a kind of "eh" feeling.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Saw Wanted on Sunday. A couple of comments: Angelina is always hot; bullets don't travel in circles; Morgan Freeman saying, "Shoot this mother****er!" pretty much made the movie; BULLETS DON'T TRAVEL IN CIRCLES.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                Elizabeth: Teh Golden Age

Why did Kapoor and Blanchett make another one?

Because she doesn't die in the first one, and we hadn't reached:

Mary Queen of Scots, the Babington Plot, the Casket Letters, the Spanish Armada, et cetera.

However, 'E: The Golden Age' is poop.

If you want a decent dramatisation of Elizabeth I's life, I suggest the BBC series 'Elizabeth R' with Glenda Jackson, available on dvd.

Made with not a huge budget, but La Jackson's acting is peerless- her confrontation with Essex after the death of Robert Dudley is quite tremendous.
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I just saw Finding Neverland. That was such a cute movie.

Comment

Naked City
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Boy Meets Girl (France 1984). Sounds like another silly romantic comedy but that certainly isn't the case

Comment

Leos Carax, right? I don't remember if I saw that one or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                          Morgan Freeman saying, "Shoot this mother****er!" pretty much made the movie
                          QFT!

BULLETS DON'T TRAVEL IN CIRCLES.
                          The Fraternity's ability to bend the trajectory was one of the central premises of the film. So in that universe - YES THEY DO!

Unless you're saying jumping about 100 metres across from one building to another is fine, or the loom of fate was perfectly OK in your book...?

As for Jolie, she's looked a lot better - she looked practically anorexic in this film...

As for the film, on the whole it was a perfectly enjoyable no-brainer sort of film... 7/10
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Oh and Indy IV is the biggest pile of steaming dung I have had the misfortune to see in a long while... to infinity!

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                              The Fraternity's ability to bend the trajectory was one of the central premises of the film. So in that universe - YES THEY DO!

Unless you're saying jumping about 100 metres across from one building to another is fine, or the loom of fate was perfectly OK in your book...?
                              Actually, I think all of those things are pretty ridiculous. That was kind of my point. This is a movie where, going in, you have to accept that the laws of physics simply do not apply. And I'm perfectly fine with accepting that, but certain scenes stretch my ability to do so just a bit.

Another person I was seeing it with suggested an alternative: they're all telekinetic and simply don't know it. This interpretation explains everything.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Fine. That works.

Comment

Working...
                                X