X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeBro
    One can always do this, only nubs ask for permission
    I like to be polite about it.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua
      I have to agree with Garth Vader on this one. While you do hear stuff about selling grandmothers, usually the saying is about selling one's own mother.
      Mothers are worth more than grandmothers in the current market.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by rah
        I've heard mother more than grandmother, but that might just be since I'm older.
        Yeah, I heard even ming wouldn;t spend a fiver on his own mother
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Sounds like the colonial types have advanced a generation in the ancestor-trading-market.

In real English, grandmothers are the ones for sale in exchange for meeting ambitions, not mothers. I expect us and the Germanians got the deal from our shared north-Yooropian linguistic heritage.

Selling grandmothers

Comment

Selling mothers in law is even better though
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Consider the practical aspects. You need your mother to pick your dirty underwear up off the floor and to answer the door and phone.

Grandmothers, on the other hand, are expendible.

Comment

I'm surprised you haven't learned how to do that yourself by now, Zkribb.

Comment

Hey, that is what uni is for

Comment

Working...
                  X