No announcement yet.

Thread Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting links to ignore yourself is the ultimate posting faux pas. The ignore list is something you are supposed to earn, not fraud your way onto.

Comment

Thread Etiquette
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        How so? A child can be born dead. You can die at any age. He's assuming because he's younger, he'll die after, well, me. Hopefully he's right, but he might not be right.
        I'm sorry Sloww. I misunderstood you. I thought you were commenting on the sentiment that BD's become less fun as you grow older. I see now what you meant (the closer to death bit).
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
          Posting links to ignore yourself is the ultimate posting faux pas. The ignore list is something you are supposed to earn, not fraud your way onto.
          Shiva used to burn my ass with that one a lot of times.
          Little bastard.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Thread Etiquette

Originally posted by Wezil
            Are there any other thread issues pent up in the Poly crowd that we need to discuss?
            There some simple rules everyone could follow to make this site a better place. For example:

1. All caps titles ARE MUCH BETTER TO READ.

2. When posting pics only do with hires images that destroy the forum layout so that people have to scroll left and right all the time.

3. Never avoid to ride into a thread to moan about the threadi starter or the threadi title regardless of the threadi topic.

4. Never avoid to ride into a thread to moan about any other poster in the thread you don't like regardless of the threadi topic.

5. When someone posted something he finds funny, demonstrate your superior sense of humour by declaring the same stuff absolutely unfunny.

6. Always agree with posters who share your pov esp. in politics, religion etc.

7. Disagree with the rest, and call them evil.

8. When in a debate, don't waste time making arguments, simply declare your victory, and the defeat of the guy who disagrees with your pov. This will impress people, esp. yourself. And even more so if you repeat it constantly.

I'm sure there are some more of these great rules
            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
              That's okay Rah. You can close this thread now, I already have it covered.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=177825
              This is the kind of post we need to ban.

Look at this, he doesn't even quote the thing he's linking to!
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Wez is a rebel. he must be in southern Canada.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Who isn't in Southern Canada, if you are in Canada, aside from the Eskimos?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I guess what I'm saying is that he isn't an Eskimo.
                    See? All of you are Southern. There should be a bond.

Comment

We do have a bond Sloww. We aren't American.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

So you're Texan?

Comment

Thread Etiquette

Threadi Etiquette
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

So you're Texan?
                            Hate to break the news to you Sloww but Texas got its ass handed to it by the Union. You are American.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                              Proper Thread Etiquette (endorsed by forums everywhere!)
                              oh that's catchy

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                                Thread Etiquette

Threadi Etiquette
                                Threadiquette
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X