Thread Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Etiquette

Most of us are aware of the rules about content but what about style?

As some of you are aware I have a personal issue with threads that contain little more than a link to another site in the OP. It's annoying to come to Poly for discussion with my fellow posters only to find I have to go elsewhere to find what it is they want to discuss. If you think the topic is worthy of its own thread for discussion then please POST THE ARTICLE. Thank you, I'm done.

I see thread titles are an issue here with some. Are there any other thread issues pent up in the Poly crowd that we need to discuss?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Yes, the worst thread title offenders are Birthday Threads. Here I think BeBro is about to get the ribbing he deserves only to have it turn into a horribly boring birthday thread. These things should be bannable offeneses.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yes, BD thread titles are by far the most misleading. They even put my shameless fibs to shame. They are however done in humour with the intent of being irresistible to the BD Boy (or Girl).
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The BD thread titles are the best thing about this site right now.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

They suck me in and I'm not a fan of the BD threads. I don't mind them being, I'm just not big on celebrations myself. I think it's an age thing.

Comment

I don't like celebration or birthdays either, though I'm not as near death as you are.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

That's b/c you would rather be a **** disturber.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                That's b/c you would rather be a **** disturber.
                It's when we are enraged that we feel most alive.

^^^^ filosofy

Comment

Proper Thread Etiquette (endorsed by forums everywhere!)

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                    Proper Thread Etiquette (endorsed by forums everywhere!)
                    That was uncalled for!!

Comment

Re: Thread Etiquette

Originally posted by Wezil
                      Most of us are aware of the rules about content but what about style?

As some of you are aware I have a personal issue with threads that contain little more than a link to another site in the OP. It's annoying to come to Poly for discussion with my fellow posters only to find I have to go elsewhere to find what it is they want to discuss. If you think the topic is worthy of its own thread for discussion then please POST THE ARTICLE. Thank you, I'm done.

I see thread titles are an issue here with some. Are there any other thread issues pent up in the Poly crowd that we need to discuss?

I agree. If it lengthy, post the first significant passage and link it. Just a link is lazyass.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        I don't like celebration or birthdays either, though I'm not as near death as you are.

I hate to rain on your parade, but age has a little less to do with it than you seem to think.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I think you are actually in agreement with Asher...

Comment

This thread is just a bunch of gay nonsense, I suppose all of you still write in cursive and fold your napkins at Taco Bell?

Thread ettikette is the most retarded thing ever. JEW! YAHEWH! Yes I said it. Which of your rules did I just violate. You cannot possibly have a rule for that, and this thread cannot be infinite, check and mate. In less than 3 moves, too.

Comment

How so? A child can be born dead. You can die at any age. He's assuming because he's younger, he'll die after, well, me. Hopefully he's right, but he might not be right.

Comment

Working...
                              X