Don't board a plane wearing clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't board a plane wearing clothes

AIRPORT guards stopped a man boarding a plane — for wearing a Transformers T-shirt showing a cartoon gun.

Brad Jayakody, 30, was shocked when he was told to change his top if he wanted to catch his flight from Heathrow’s Terminal 5.

IT consultant Brad — on a British Airways trip with four colleagues to Dusseldorf, Germany — asked to see the security chief.

He thought the boss would "see sense" — but he backed up the decision and threatened him with ARREST. Aussie-born Brad said: "My mate set off the alarms and was searched.

"But then the guy told me to stop and said ‘you cannot get on the plane because there is a gun on your T-shirt’."

The top has the Transformers film character Optimus Prime on the front.

Brad, of Bayswater, West London, added: "It’s a cartoon robot with a gun as an arm. What was I going to do, use the shirt to pretend I have a gun?

"I was flabbergasted. I thought the supervisor would come over and see sense, but he didn’t. After I changed he said if I changed back I would be arrested."

A spokesman for Heathrow operator BAA said: "If a T-shirt had a rude word or a bomb on it for example, a passenger may be asked to remove it.

"We are investigating what happened to see if it came under this category."

Last year Gatwick guards made a woman hand over a beef sandwich before boarding and last week a PhD student was stopped for wearing a gun-shaped charm necklace at an airport in Canada.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I wouldn't want a 30 year old with a Transformer's shirt sitting next to me either.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'd be kind of weirded out by a plane wearing clothes.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

wander what happens if you come with "Blair is a war criminal" shirt...

I bet they let you through.
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
            I'd be kind of weirded out by a plane wearing clothes.
            It screws up the aerodynamics and therefore poses a significant flight safety hazard. If you see a garbed aircraft, you should report it immediately to the nearest plane-clothes officer.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I've got five bucks that says if "Brad Jayakody" were a more typically translucent, chinless Anglo-Saxon named "Bradley Harrington-Smythe," the shirt would have been a non issue.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                I've got five bucks that says if "Brad Jayakody" were a more typically translucent, chinless Anglo-Saxon named "Bradley Harrington-Smythe," the shirt would have been a non issue.
                You mean as opposed to being Maori or Pacific Islander? Yeah the brits have a lot of racial animosity toward them cos they play a more exciting style of rugby.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

"What was I going to do, use the shirt to pretend I have a gun?"

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    I wouldn't want a 30 year old with a Transformer's shirt sitting next to me either.
                    Me neither.
                    But still, WTF@Brits.
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

They're emulating the TSA in the USA.

This reminds me of an awesome song (to the tune of Leaving on a Jet Plane): http://www.thetravelinsider.info/200...AThemeSong.wma
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

plane-clothes officer.

was that really necessary?
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

That was the best part. What's better than an awful pun?
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Thank you, Lori. I was proud of that.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Just make it so that everyone that flies has to be naked. I'm sure over a period of years everyone would get used to the idea.
                              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
                              X