• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to live cheaply in Tokyo

Japan man discovers woman living in his closet
    Fri May 30, 2008 11:05pm IST
    TOKYO (Reuters)

A Japanese man who was mystified when food kept disappearing from his kitchen, set up a hidden camera and found an unknown woman living secretly in his closet, Japanese media said Friday.

The 57-year-old unemployed man of Fukuoka in southern Japan called police Wednesday when the camera sent pictures to his mobile phone of an intruder in his home while he was out on Wednesday, the Asahi newspaper said on its Website.

Officers rushed to the house and found a 58-year-old unemployed woman hiding in an unused closet, where she had secreted a mattress and plastic drink bottles, the Asahi said. Police suspect she may have been there for several months, the paper said.

"I didn't have anywhere to live," the Nikkan Sports tabloid quoted the woman as telling police.

Local police confirmed that they had arrested a woman for trespassing, but would not comment further on the case.

(Reporting by Isabel Reynolds; Editing by David Fox)
    Police suspect she may have been there for several months, the paper said
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Asians are sneaky like that.
      B♭3

Comment

I just had to check all my closets for any women, but no luck.

I don't know what we'd do without Japan.

Comment

Apparently, she took quite good care of herself while there. It's quite an amazing story.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

This is every Austrian man's dream.

Comment

Not being homeless.

Austrians like elderly Japanese women?

Exactly what does this have to do with Tokyo? The quoted article says: "Fukuoka in southern Japan."
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                Austrians like elderly Japanese women?
                They like their women quiet and stuffed in enclosed spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                  This is every Austrian man's dream.

good one.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                    Exactly what does this have to do with Tokyo? The quoted article says: "Fukuoka in southern Japan."
                    QFT
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

When I saw who started the thread, I thought "Isn't there some rule that bars Ming from starting threads?" This is why.

Although I figure she's his wife and he's got Alzheimer's. I mean, come on, he;s 57 and she's 58?! And he didn't know? Yeah, right.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Who moderates the moderators?
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X