Don't like classmates? Vote them out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't like classmates? Vote them out!

CBS) A Port St. Lucie, Fla., mother is outraged and considering legal action after her son's kindergarten teacher led his classmates to vote him out of class.

Melissa Barton says Morningside Elementary teacher Wendy Portillo had her son's classmates say what they didn't like about 5-year-old Alex. She says the teacher then had the students vote, and voted Alex, who is being evaluated for Asperger's syndrome -- an autism spectrum disorder -- out of the class by a 14-2 margin.

Barton and her son, Alex, talked exclusively with Harry Smith live from West Palm Beach, Fla.

Click on the video below to watch the interview.

Barton filed a complaint with Morningside's school resource officer.

St. Lucie School spokeswoman Janice Karst said the district is investigating the incident, but could not make any further comment. The state attorney's office concluded the matter did not meet the criteria for emotional child abuse, so no criminal charges will be filed.

Teacher Wendy Portillo was advised by the school board not to speak to the press so she declined our interview offer.
    Blah

This is a good practice. Apolyton should learn from it.

Comment

Sissy's. We just would harass them untill they left school crying, again and again untill they left for good.

(true story , children can be so cruel once they discover the power of the mass against the individual)
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

one of my sisters got voted out in 2nd grade. the teacher wasn't in on it though.

Comment

Have you seen the kid's picture in the link? That kid looks like a complete assh*le.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
            This is a good practice. Apolyton should learn from it.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

What school shooters are made of

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                Have you seen the kid's picture in the link? That kid looks like a complete assh*le.
                he does not.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor

he does not.
                  Yes he does.

He's the little elitist who always showed up for picture day in elementary school wearing a three-piece suit and clip-on tie, while everyone else maybe wore a sweater. It's good to cut down these annoying aspie kids as soon as possible and let us not forget democracy has spoken.

Comment

and let us not forget democracy has spoken.
                    Attached Files
                    bleh

Comment

Ban reality TV, now!

Dunno if they are connected... But it's crap, anyways.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

They voted that way because he has a mild emotional disorder and so is a little "weird."

Here, the teacher organized the vote, and even intiminated the kid's one friend into changing his vote to vote the kid out. This is just plain handicap discrimination. I'd be surprised if the lawsuit isn't already being drafted.

Comment

the matter did not meet the criteria for emotional child abuse, so no criminal charges will be filed.
                          There may be no law on the books for this, but Wendy Portillo is a disgusting human being.

For a child who has only a single friend and a room full of enemies that includes his own teacher, this has been an incredibly inhuman experience.

Portillo had all the authority she needed to remove a disruptive child from her class. Everything that proceeded that legitimate expulsion was grotesque, passing far beyond just being unprofessional.

Portillo seems to think we can vote people out when we don't like them. I vote that she be fired from her job, and ostracized from the community.

[/rant]
                          Long live the Dead Threads!!

Comment

I wish my school system had operated this way. I would have voted myself out of class.

Comment

Yes he does.

He's the little elitist who always showed up for picture day in elementary school wearing a three-piece suit and clip-on tie, while everyone else maybe wore a sweater. It's good to cut down these annoying aspie kids as soon as possible and let us not forget democracy has spoken.
                              one of my friend's brothers used to look like a lot like this boy and he was one of the sweetest kids ever.
                              you're just jealous cuz you never looked that spiffy.

Comment

Working...
                              X