No announcement yet.

Why labour unions can be problematic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why labour unions can be problematic...

This is by now a bit dated, the whole "Euro caused it" theory has been now proven to be bogus. The Unions and protests of public employees has caused a spiral of more and more groups demanding more money. This is offcourse perfect considering our recent high inflation.

People should learn to be happy with what they have and just ride this inflation wave out with minimal pay raises, I mean all one has to do is look south to Croatia, they pay more than we do for food and their GDP per capita is about half of ours.

Unions abusing their power and actually causing conditions to worsen
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

I would whine a bit more about how I've earned way less money than I should have in the past year on the stock exchange (I'm especially sore about not selling a stock when it was around twice its current value, I still have a profit of aobut 15% but its just not fair ) but that would make me feel too much like this guy

But, by Jove, I do say that the working classes in Slovenia should be happy with what they have.

I mean this global food shortage is a trivial matter I've hardly noticed any spikes in food prices.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Poll: Should poly posters just let Hera argue amongst himself in this thread?

* Yes!
      * No.
      * wtf is Hera?
      * 48" banana for dem commie unions
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
        Poll: Should poly posters just let Hera argue amongst himself in this thread?

* Yes!
        * No.
        * wtf is Hera?
        * 48" banana for dem commie unions
        I vote yes on the grounds that I am by far the most interesting person on poly.

Comment

Re: Why labour unions can be problematic...

Originally posted by Heraclitus

People should learn to be happy with what they have and just ride this inflation wave out with minimal pay raises ...
          Right! Bring back feudalism!

Comment

Re: Re: Why labour unions can be problematic...

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Would that really be worse than a society where people are paid regardless of their abilities, skills, and effort?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

And make me king
              Blah

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Why labour unions can be problematic...

Originally posted by BeBro

And make me king
                As long as I am the banker that gives you the loans you need to wage war

Comment

And so long as I'm not the footsoldier
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: Why labour unions can be problematic...

Originally posted by Heraclitus

Unions abusing what little power they have and actually causing conditions to worsen

FTFY
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

**** Them **** You?
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Your internet privileges have been revoked on account of noobness.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          Yours are revoked for incessant elitism. I've been on the intarwebs 24/7 since the early 90s and I've never heard of FTFY.

I googled it, only 32,000 results...it means "Fixed That For You".
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

FTFY
                            Depends on where you live.

Comment

@Krill: Poetic justice?

Comment

Working...
                              X