No announcement yet.

19 year old becomes mayor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think an 18 year-old became mayor of a town in Michigan a few years ago.

edit: yep
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      I am too, since he posted.
      It was just a thumbs up, I thought it woudl be more.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Will
        I think an 18 year-old became mayor of a town in Michigan a few years ago.

edit: yep
        Sessions plead no contest on July 2, 2007 to malicious annoyance by writing, a misdemeanor, in which he wrote an email, under a false name, to his former campaign manager's mother accusing his campaign manager of drinking and running around with women.[4][5] In return for the plea, prosecutors dropped a more serious felony charge:[6] that Sessions had illegally accessed his campaign manager's MySpace and America Online accounts to delete his lists of personal contacts with their addresses and phone numbers.

As part of his plea, Sessions agreed to a sentence of 40 hours community service and paying $850 in restitution to the victim.[7][8]

Sessions has stated that he will not resign.[9][10] The recall election process was started against him on July 9th 2007, with a hearing date on the language of July 25th, 2007.[11] If approved, recall petitioners would have had up to 180 days to collect 522 signatures from registered Hillsdale voters.

The recall petitioner offered a prepared apology statement at a July 16th, 2007 public meeting, and indicated that if the mayor read the statement out loud or words to its effect, he would rescind the recall.[12]

The recall language was rejected in a vote of 2-1 by the Election Commission on July 25th, 2007. The petitioner then submitted revised language on July 26th, 2007. Sessions went on the local radio station WCSR on July 27th, 2007 in which he spoke about the incident and offered an additional apology. The petitioner then withdrew the recall petition. [13]

On July 27th, 2007, Sessions indicated court papers were signed that expunged this matter from his court record.[14] However, it is unclear whether this is so, as Michigan law states that this may not take place until five years have passed since the conviction. [15]

He also already has cancer.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I wonder if he can get work-study?

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
              I wonder which was the democrat.
              Hammons will be a delegate at the RNC.
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

That is somewhat...wrong.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

One of the problems with government by the people is that sometimes the people are lazy and/or stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                    One of the problems with government by the people is that sometimes the people are lazy and/or stupid.
                    So you're saying it is like a union job?

Comment

I htink Asher hit the nail on the head there...
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

God this place is slow? IS everyone out getting wasted again?

Comment

The problem is, when posters such as myself say everything correctly the first time there's very little room for discussion.

Comment

Who said anything about disscusion. I could just commit slander against you if I wanted.

Comment

Microsoft sucks, gay people suck, Canada sucks.

Discuss.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Only one of those statements is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X