Happy Birthday, Mr. Bond, James Bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday, Mr. Bond, James Bond

If Ian Fleming hadn't died four decades ago, he's be 100 years old today.

A new Bond book Devil May Care is being released today. The Estate has contracted with Sebastian Fauwkes [sp?] to write a new novel in the style of Ian Fleming. I heard the author being interviewed on NPR this morning. Unlike that John Gardner hack who tried this shortly after Fleming's death, this new guys sounds like he knows what he's doing.

Blah

Comment

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Comment

Uh, yeah.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I started reading it on the train heading home last night.

Chapter One was a disappointment. It didn't seem like something Fleming would write.

Chapter Two: We see Bond for the first time. He's a psychological mess from his previous missions. He's given up drinking and his thinking about transferring to a desk job. Good stuff.

Chapter Three: Bond's off on a mission. Engines are revving. Bullets are flying.

Comment

Working...
              X