Cannabis security test goes awry; random traveller scores stash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    I like how you felt you had to point that out .
    6 minutes later.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Felch
      I once had a conversation with a friend who was trying to work his way through the conversions. He knew there were 28 grams to an ounce, 16 ounces to a pound, and 2.2 pounds to a kilo. He wound up figuring 986 grams per kilogram.

He never was the brightest bulb.

This is your brain on dope.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

In the Phillippines drug possession can get you a death sentence. Hopefully the guy wasn't on his way there.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
          I have an anti-climactic drug-sniffing dog story:

I was returning from Europe, flying out of either Paris or Frankfurt. Airport security in Chicago stopped me in the endless hall leading to customs in the international terminal. They were uniformed and showed their IDs. The said they were training their dogs and wanted my cooperation in testing them. They would put some pot in one of my bags, I would proceed toward customs, the dog would sniff me out, and that would be that.

I agreed. Why, I'll never know.

Actually, it all went as planned. The dog (German shepherd) was stunningly silent. He just herded me -- kept blocking my path, nudging me toward his handler. Pretty cool, actually. I soon found myself separated from the parade of other passengers, beside the wall with the implacable pooch at my side. The handler took my bag, the dog pinpointed the location, the pot was found and extracted. I was thanked for my cooperation and sent on my way.

No reward of any kind. 142g? Heck, I would have been happy with a couple joints...

I later wondered why I was selected as the mule for this project. At that time (6 years ago IIRC), I was sporting a long ponytail. Did they, perhaps, think I was actually carrying? Were they training the dog to profile hippie-looking folks? Guess I'll never know.
          This would've been a good prank if the uniformed officials had run away when the dog spotted you.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
            In the Phillippines drug possession can get you a death sentence. Hopefully the guy wasn't on his way there.
            You told Lancer this, right?
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
              This would've been a good prank if the uniformed officials had run away when the dog spotted you.
              Yeah, my wife thought it was one of the stupidest things I'd ever done.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

In the walkway from the planes to the customs counters in the Cairo airport there are all sorts of signs reminding passangers that drug offenses carry the death penalty. That and all the armed soldiers in a dimly lit corridor makes for a creapy entrance into the country. Even though there was no way I had any drugs on me, I kept feeling the urge to double check, just in case.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X