Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weezer copies the internet

Do you know all the references?

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I know a couple but not nearly all. I sometimes wonder how much time one would need to keep track of all of the internet memes. It can't be possible if you have a job.

Comment

I don't know what the blonde with the red shoes is...

(I really wish I had never seen the unicorn background near the end)

Comment

Lightsaber drumsticks
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

One of the scenes looked like "Where's your head at?", but I assume there is another level to that one.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Weezer
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Awesome
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Fun game for a lazy Sunday morning.

1 Numa Numa
                    2 Dramatic Look
                    3 Afro Ninja
                    4 Diet Coke & Mentos
                    5 GI Joe PSA
                    6 Guinness Record Most T-Shirts
                    7 Leave Britney Alone!
                    8 All Your Base
                    9 Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question
                    10 Evolution of Dance
                    11 Chocolate Rain
                    12 Its PB Federline
                    13 Daft Hands
                    14 Daft Punk Dancers

I think the only one I am missing is the girl with multi-coloured socks, laughing and kicking on a chair.

The last few scenes are very busy, but I have spotted Dancing Baby(s), lots of Star Wars Kid, Charlie the Unicorn, and Will It Blend. What the Panda Bear refers to, I don't know.

And, of course, the Dancing Banana from PBJ Time makes its appearance.
                    Long live the Dead Threads!!

Comment

There's also
                      -3 guys doing what I think is the Soulja Boy dance about halfway and in the end scene.
                      -a hard to miss reference to the "shoes" video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siflXuypUIc)

Comment

Also: Will it Blend?, Charlie The Unicorn, Sneezing Panda, I think I saw a glimpse of the Potter Puppet Pals -- and of course multiple references to Peanut Butter Jelly Time

The girl with the socks was a bit reminiscent of lonelygirl15, though I'm not sure if that's what they intended.
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Very first scene I think is referring to a Canon in D on the electric guitar video. (The window/bed/mouse/keyboard/monitor setup looks a lot like that was what they were going for.) It's one of the better videos on YouTube anyways:

Several references on the T-shirts, mostly to the same stuff as in the rest of the video, but a couple which I don't get.

Rather obscure one in the background of numa numa's second appearance. The guy with a bowl. I'm pretty sure it's refering to something I've seen on YouTube before, but I can't remember what the hell it was.

I think girl with the socks is a YouTuber who... I've never actually been able to make it through one of her videos so I can't tell you what the hell she talks about. One of the most viewed channels on YouTube though.

Not sure what the smallish animated donald duck/alien dance is referring to. Or the UFO flying around.
                          Last edited by Aeson; May 25, 2008, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            Also: Will it Blend?, Charlie The Unicorn, Sneezing Panda, I think I saw a glimpse of the Potter Puppet Pals -- and of course multiple references to Peanut Butter Jelly Time

The girl with the socks was a bit reminiscent of lonelygirl15, though I'm not sure if that's what they intended.
                            Omni mentioned almost all of these already...

Comment

Funtwo
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X