Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to have both a best friend and a penis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to have both a best friend and a penis?

(Originally posted on CG, but it's doing its usual weekend coma thing)

I had to sign up for some sort of computer thing at work today, and there was the usual tedious guffery involving passwords and security questions. You know the sort of thing- first pet, mother's maiden name, most ticklish erogenous zone, etc.

However it positively demanded that I supply an answer to this question-

"What was the name of your best childhood friend?"

I was totally stumped. I had lots of friends, but a best friend? Nope. I just didn't rank them in that way, and I still don't.

I'm told by wise women in my life that this is a stereotypically male thing. Women have best friends, but men frequently don't. So what do you assorted men, women and thingies feel?
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

I absolutely agree. This "best friend" nonsense is ridiculous. Real men have only a "best friend" in form of a car, a gun or alcohol
    Blah

Comment

I did have a best buddy as a kid, two actually. But men's friendships aren't like women's definitely. For example the secrecy and all the plotting isn't there. A best buddy is someone you can count on to hold your back in case of trouble, not one single person in the world you can and have to confide in.

Comment

I have best friends. But given that its two women and a gay man, this is less representative of the male population as a whole and more accurately portrays an episode of Will & Grace.
        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I have a best friend AND he has a penis.

Oh wait. That wasn't what you asked
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

No, I think it is perfectly normal to have a ranking when you're little.

Pheraps Laz is too much of a lone wolf

most ticklish erogenous zone,
            interesting security question

Comment

Put the name of your imaginary friend. Something like "Mr Sunnyjim" should put them off asking you again.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

I once had a best friend but I rather had like few of them. You're not supposed to say YOU are my best friedn to a guy unless there's just the two of you and there's no other friends on the same level. So I considered a bunch of people best friends, equal.

I once had a girl who I actually called my best friend and she called me her best friend. So I guess that has really worked out with a girl for me, but not with guys. I don't know why. I like girls I guess. Even as friends. In fact I like them more as friends than guys usually.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

WTF is CG?
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Centrum Geriatricum. A forum for senior posters.

Comment

Close. It's "Centrum Gaytwattum".
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I actually maintain contact with my one of my old childhood friends, and he was my best friend then, so yeah, he's my best friend now.

All the others since then are just friends.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I ranked my enemies until I was 13. John Carriere will forever be #1 for the Microwave incident, when he managed to distract me while I had a burrito cooking, long enough for his friends to stuff the thing with tin foil and all the metal and other incendiary crap he could throw into the thing.

OH LOOK! Oh my, Who was using the microwave! Was it me?! Oh my god IT WAS! I MUST HAVE...OH NO WAIT. JOHN WANTED TO TALK TO ME ABOUT HIS MOM'S AIDS PROBLEM AND MUST HAVE PUT EXPLOSIVES IN THE MICROWAVE.

oh I GUESS IM LOOKING AT A WEEK LONG SUSPENSION!

IN THE ****ING 6TH GRADE!!!!!1

WHAT THE ****!? My only crime was talking ABOUT AIDS WITH THE KID and BURRITO EATING?! I'm not delusional, it's the truth, get this shrink out of here!

Every moment I spent selling lemonade to pay for there $300 microwave made me want to kill something and drink lemonade while doing it.

6th GRADE WAS ROUGH

Comment

:will look at this thread later:
                            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

According to most women I've known, for anybody who has a penis the penis is their best friend.
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                              X