Oh my god (World of Warcraft drama)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my god (World of Warcraft drama)

Alright, I haven't played the game in a very long time. Basically not since March of '07, while I was still in college as something to do during the weekdays.

However, I found out that the girl I am seeing, still does. She really isn't nerdy though and is in good shape so this was a surprised.

I brought it up to her, and I joked that my character could beat her character.

Me:
    Join thousands of mighty heroes in Azeroth, a world of magic and limitless adventure.

Her:
    Join thousands of mighty heroes in Azeroth, a world of magic and limitless adventure.

I probably could, but I really don't know and I was just joking. However she got really mad and won't talk to me anymore.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

It's good for the lunacy to be revealed now, rather than down the road.

WOW

Comment

Well, it wasn't going anywhere since I am leaving soon. She was cool. I just don't understand her.

I was completely joking.

I also have the best name for a WoW character ever.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
        Well, it wasn't going anywhere since I am leaving soon. She was cool. I just don't understand her.
        Dude. She plays WoW. You played WoW. She takes WoW really seriously. You're trying to keep it light, but you actually posted your character, who's a druid named Deirdre.

No one in this scenario is cool.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

What about dating non-mentally unstable people?
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Dude. She plays WoW. You played WoW. She takes WoW really seriously. You're trying to keep it light, but you actually posted your character, who's a druid named Deirdre.

No one in this scenario is cool.
            QFMFT. WoW addicts need to be sectinned.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
              I was completely joking.
              You told a woman you could do something better than her.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

However she got really mad and won't talk to me anymore.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Dis
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

LordShiva
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog

You told a woman you could do something better than her.

You should always lie to them about stuff like that.
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Dude, her char would own yours anytime.

She is shadow specced and in full epic PvP gear. Unless you have better gear lying around, you would totally lose

No wonder she got pissed off

Asmodean
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

WoW
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                            You should always lie to them.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

This reminds me of the time when, exaggerating greatly and mostly kidding around, I boasted to my (ex)girlfriend that Metallica had the absolute best guitair solos around. She got very offended by all this because I was once again being American music-centric and ignoring all those j-rock bands she listened to. I was flabbergasted that she could possibly be offended by something so trivial and refused to argue about it. So then we argued about arguing instead.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X