X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubai And Our Gas Dollars

Did You Know: Dubai And Our Gas Dollars - Watch more free videos

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Dubai

Why exactly is that so horrible again?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

People using the money that we throw away to make a beautiful city.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

They should make ugly cities

I bet their subway system is better than Chicago's too!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Dubai

I wanna go.

Comment

Built on teh backs of slave labour
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Those bastards! :wiglaf:
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The ruler of Dubai might be a ruthless autocrat but he's at least building his kingdom to last beyond the end of their oil.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

The special I saw said the transport system currently sucks but that they're already starting to build a state of the art system. It's amazing what unlimited amounts of oil money can build even though most of it is nothing more then white elephants.

Comment

Muslims should be content to live in poverty and give us barrels of oil for twenty dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                      Built on teh backs of Indian slave labour
                      A casus belli for India

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        The ruler of Dubai might be a ruthless autocrat but he's at least building his kingdom to last beyond the end of their oil.
                        How is this going to survive when the oil money runs out? Or is he really building a cool site that future civs will find buried under the sand?
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Beautiful. Like playing SimCity with cheats enabled.
                          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

How is this going to survive when the oil money runs out?

Tourism

Comment

That's their stated goal. Supposedly Dubai is almost out of oil and that's why their Emir is going on a building spree; to create an alternative economy to the oil economy. The big problem I see is he's trying to create an economy by subsidizing everything in order to attract companies to relocate to Dubai. Once the oil runs out, and thus the subsidies, what's to stop the companies from simply relocating to the next subsidy haven?

Comment

Working...
                              X