Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas FLDS Raid "legally and factually insufficient".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin

One could say that sexually molesting minors is imminent threat of harm.
    They weren't porking the kids. They were porking the wives (many of whom were under 18).

I say bull. A group which has a 100 year history of systematically sexually molesting children clearly should not be allowed to have children and ALL children should be removed from the clutches of such a predatory group.
    ...following a court hearing, where the parents have an opportunity to present their side of the case.

Comment

Children haven't been released, so it's not a done deal.
      Even if they are released, this isn't ended.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Children haven't been released, so it's not a done deal.
        Even if they are released, this isn't ended.
        Yeah. My best guess is that we're seeing different prongs of this case go off in different directions.

The Court of Appeal appears to be looking only at the legality of the original seizure of the children.

Last I heard, 5 trial judges were looking at each individual case.

The Appellate Court says a court hearing is necessary to take the children. So it looks to me as if the battery of f5 trial judges is giving the FLDS families just that.

Comment

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I always wondered if that fat guy really was/is in the military or if it's some type of militia for obese hicks.

Comment

What if it's not a guy?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm not saying they don't have rights. I'm saying they're criminals who belong in jail and that the rights of children to not be molested must be protected.
                So why exactly are you "[saying] bull"? Is it because you really don't understand what the Court was saying?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                X