No announcement yet.

Elites Vs the Common Folk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
      I'm waiting for one of the Brits to post, or perhaps aneeshm
      What should I say, I could end up working my way into the famous catagory if I go the route of the Ph.D searching for funding and being someones *****, or become a techer and be someones *****...
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I want to be an elite.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I am an elite. Those people you'd think are elite are just dimwits who can't figure out how to parlay their wealth, power, and/or fame into being able to spend 5-10 undisturbed hours a day at the beach and/or napping like I do. I'm so elite I do it with virtually none of the aforementioned "instruments".

Comment

In India, teh social, political, and economic elites are, to a large extent, mutually exclusive.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
              I'm waiting for one of the Brits to post, or perhaps aneeshm
              Why, just because you only have a steryotyoped view of our country doesn't mean we have to confirm it
              Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
              Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                I want to be an elite.
                I already am. My fellow Poly posters have told me.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I thought we said you were elitist?
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Oh, sorry.

Does that mean I'm striving to be an elite?
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Probably, but you are at least special

Comment

Comment

Well, you are weird enough to keep ferrets instead of cats

Comment

As well as cats...

Comment

oh cool,

Did the ferrets and the cats get along or did they try to eat each other?

Comment

Working...
                              X