Back To The Future: Toronto opens an all-black school, AAHZ denied admission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What state are you in again Riesstiu?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      Apparently they need an afrocentric school in Russia also...
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I again ask why? He made an insensitive comment, but this is poly we do much worse things here. I will not stand here as you bash a poster for not adhering to ridiculous political correctness.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

What benefit would students have by attending an afrocentric school?

Comment

My question is still outstanding...

Comment

Texas. What does it matter?

Comment

Just curious

Comment

I'm just using history as an example because that's what comes to mind when it comes to afrocentric studies. Any historian that has a special title like Afrocentric or White Nationalist usually has an agenda and spreads disingenuous information.

For example, in white supremacists circles there is a famous historian, Arthur Kemp, who claims to be a white nationalist historian seeking the truth. His book, March of the Titans, states all sorts of ridiculous sh*t without ever sourcing anything. Like how the ancient egyptians were actually a "Nordic Desert Empire" in his words or how the Roman Empire fell because the population started getting mixed race.

Well, it the same case with most self titled Afrocentric historians. They'll make claims about how black people invented all sorts of things and these history studies are often linked with black supremacists organizations who try to create a theology based around vilifying Europeans.

That is why I'm suspicious of the actual educational value of such a school.

Comment

And you have good reason to be.
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

The idea of an Africentric school has been in and out of the spotlight since Ontario's Royal Commission on Learning in 1995 cited it as one possible fix for the stubborn dropout rate among students of colour.

If this is going to help the dropout rate, it is justified. I support the experiment

Comment

what about music?

jazz, r'n'b, soul, rap/hip-hop, gospel, rock and roll (elvis presley is said to have mimiked african american music in his work)

and that's just in western cultures

mambo and salsa and sambo originate from african words as well

some could say raves could originate from african tribal drum dances updated into a modern electronic equivalent

and there's also reggae
                        "Life is the only RPG you'll ever play, The religious want to be one with the moderator, the scientists want to hack the game, and the gamers want to do both."

Comment

Originally posted by MattBowron
                          what about music?

jazz, r'n'b, soul, rap/hip-hop, gospel, rock and roll (elvis presley is said to have mimiked african american music in his work)

and that's just in western cultures

mambo and salsa and sambo originate from african words as well

some could say raves could originate from african tribal drum dances updated into a modern electronic equivalent

and there's also reggae
                          Oh, so they it will be a music school?
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                            Africans contributions to civilization include AIDS and peanut butter.
                            Sorry, peanut butter is all America's fault.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                              http://schools.tdsb.on.ca/triangle/
                              LGBTTI2QQAP youth? What the heck is that?

Pink triangles.
                              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Absolutely brilliant.
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X