Back To The Future: Toronto opens an all-black school, AAHZ denied admission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh geez.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Where is it??
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Good question. I can find references to it but can't actually find the school...
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

This is from a Star article:

The Toronto board already has a grade school and high school for First Nations students and an alternative high school for gay and lesbian teens.

Comment

They're probably thinking of Oasis Alternative Secondary School

It's a couple classrooms and grades 9 and 10 only. Apparently it's a block away from my work, but I couldn't tell because it's inside an existing building...this isn't a real school, it's a classroom for bullied gay teens to go.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                They're probably thinking of Oasis Alternative Secondary School
                That may be it. The TDSB website is **** so it is hard to really tell.

Let's take this to the theoretical then - Would you be opposed to the idea of a full fledged gay and lesbian high school? I saw in my google search that such schools do exist elsewhere.

Comment

posting in a thread with my name in the title.

commence.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Yes, I would -- I think the presence of a "safe" school for those who have been bullied extensively is good (like Toronto's Triangle program).

But I think segregating gay people from regular schools is a mistake. We all need to learn to live together, sending gays to a special school (voluntarily or not) sends a bad message to everyone.

Comment

Your second point is my position on the issue on all fronts. We will not progress together when we divide into smaller groups. I oppose official multicult for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                        Africans contributions to civilization include AIDS and peanut butter.
                        The guy who invented peanut butter lived in the USA, didn't he? He studied in a Euroamerocentric college and didn't need a special school to learn about plants.
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

And AIDS was invented by a white man!
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

AIDS was invented by a Chinese spy working in the CIA, hoping to kill off in one blow:

1. The US Gay population, allowing China to more easily infiltrate Broadway.
                            2. Africans, ensuring that continent does not overtake China.

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera

The guy who invented peanut butter lived in the USA, didn't he? He studied in a Euroamerocentric college and didn't need a special school to learn about plants.
                              There are a lot of claims of "black inventions" by afrocentric historians (some of the most biased, racist scholars you can find and they usually have an agenda).

There is an excellent website that addresses these claims and refutes them.

Comment

Bill, is that you

Comment

Working...
                                X