Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always trust the experts

They know what they are doing.

NEW BEDFORD, Mass. - It's probably the last thing you'd expect to happen during a class on firearms safety.

Police in Massachusetts say a Glock handgun discharged while an instructor was demonstrating to Bristol County deputy sheriffs how to safely holster the weapon.

Officials say the bullet ripped a hole in the pants of the instructor, Maj. Donald Lamar, but missed his leg and foot.

Sheriff Thomas Hodgson says the officer made a "gross error in judgment" by not emptying the weapon before the class last week.

Lamar, a certified firearms instructor since 2005, has been transferred to another division.

Officials say he will not carry a firearm while the incident is being investigated.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Hmm...sounds familiar...

Utah’s independent news source since 1871, The Salt Lake Tribune covers news, entertainment, sports and faith for Salt Lake City and the state of Utah.

Riverdale police chief accidentally shoots himself during gun demonstration
    Article Last Updated: 05/04/2008 11:36:30 PM MDT

Posted: 1:06 PM- RIVERDALE - The police chief in Riverdale accidentally shot himself in an ankle while demonstrating how to dislodge a jammed hangun.
    Chief Dave Hansen was taken to McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden for surgery.
    The 54-year-old chief accidentally fired a gun during a training exercise inside a conference room at Riverdale police headquarters.
    A fire captain and Riverdale Mayor Bruce Burrows confirmed the chief shot himself in an ankle bone. They said he was trying to fix a gun with a jammed round when the bullet fired.
    Riverdale police officers carry .40-caliber pistols.
    Also happened to be a Glock...

Though I can't explain the holstering accident, Glocks have a serious design stupidity for disassembly (as would be needed for dislodging the jammed gun above).
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Posted: 1:06 PM- RIVERDALE - The police chief in Riverdale
        What more can you expect?

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Archie
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Archie
            Q F T

Simpler times or so they seemed

If ya werent reading Archie then you were watching Here they come, walking down the street.....

The Monkees!
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
              Hmm...sounds familiar...

Utah’s independent news source since 1871, The Salt Lake Tribune covers news, entertainment, sports and faith for Salt Lake City and the state of Utah.

Also happened to be a Glock...
              Your guy had better aim than mine.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

You like me, don't you Wezil?

Anyway, it comes from being too comfortable with firearms, and happens more often than people realise. Someone once shot their weapon holstering it in the sallyport of the jail (no, it wasn't me!). He's still with the department.
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Don't you guys have safeties and such on your guns

Please tell me our cops aren't walking around with their guns unsafetied...

/me runs
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

We remove them. They get in the way when trying to kill people.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I'm fairly sure they do.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                        You like me, don't you Wezil?

I posted this article in the hope you might see it and take more care in your daily routine. I care about you Donegeal.

Wezil is all about the

Comment

Speaking of killing people, aren't the Glocks supposed to be especially finicky with accidental discharges? I remember reading a couple of exposes on them some years ago.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Q F T!!!

We do however, often limit the amount of ammo we dispense
                            Attached Files
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Bet you this guy won't miss.
                              Attached Files
                              Long live the Dead Threads!!

Comment

Working...
                              X