Chez Threadi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chez Threadi

This weekend is a big hoopla weekend in my little town. There's about 500 bikers in town trying to look both pretty and tough in their 'leathers' with their gleaming Harleys. There's also a carnival and alot of little stalls that open up for the occasion selling all sorts of wares. One of them has a sign, 'Chez Boutique'. I've heard this 'Chez' word before. What does it mean? Does it only apply to trendy/cool stuff or could someone have a Chez Bakesale, or Chez Sewer Cleaning Co.?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Chez = The house of IIRC in french. though that is a very old and ver simplistic meaning of the word IIRC.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Soo...'The House of Boutique'. Hmm.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
        Chez = The house of IIRC
        Who?
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Who?
          Attached Files
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I don't think there's a direct translation. As I understand it:

"Chez Fred" would mean "At Fred's house/place."
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Who?
              you do
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

do what?
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X