Homemade Cocktail Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Cocktail Sauce

I have had a very long and busy run at work, averaging 16-18 hours a day last three weeks.

Today, I wanted to do a little experimenting and decided to try making my own homemeade Coctail sauce.

Has anyone ever made any and if so what did you use?

Im sure there must be thousands of ways, today i used the following and it was a most pleasant taste and experience!

For me and about 2-3 dozen large (Not Jumbo) shrimp:

¼ cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup

1 tsp. Inglehoffer Thick and Creamy Horseradish Sauce

1 tsp. French’s Honey Dijon Mustard

½ tsp French’s Worcestershire sauce

1/4th tsp. Durkee ground peppercorn

This left me with about a total of a tablespoon left after my breakfast of Shrimp Coctail.

This was simply delicious and used some saltines along with this.
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

ketchup, mayonaise and whiskey
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I always thought it was ketchup, Horseradish (Not Horseradish Sauce) and Lemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
        I always thought it was ketchup, Horseradish (Not Horseradish Sauce) and Lemon.
        As I stated, mine is homemade and was my very first attempt.

I did do some reading and found that Horseradish is an ingredient, and then some sort of ingredients make it a bit of sauce consistency.

I thank you for your input and was looking to see who else had made some from scratch and what amounts were actually used

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Restaurants generally use chili sauce, horseradish, and a bit of lemon. Don't remember the quantities though.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
          X