Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Going to the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they just changed it. I got my visa a few months back and there were no extra stipulations, now you need to show a ticketed transport method and a hotel reservation before they will issue one (at least this was from the US).
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

I think the express takes 10 days
      I began looking into taking this trip awhile back. IIRC, it takes a week -- but I could be wrong; it might be 8 days.

I abandoned the idea once I realized that looking a flat, boring passing tundra for a week (or ten days) would probably drive me to suicide.

Comment

No, not going.
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Do you already have the Chinese visa? A member of my family was getting a routine visa and they found that the embassy was much slower this time round than before. They also had to present more document evidence than usual.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Thanks, this is useful info. I know I need a hotel for a Russian visa but I didn't know I need it for the Chinese too. This sucks because I basically planned to walk the streets and ask the locals who's renting rooms. Never failed me before.
            I went to Nanjing to visit a friend and forgot my passport. No hotel would let me stay. Fortunately, I ended up staying with my friend's friend who had an absurdly large apartment.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

There are a lot of visa restrictions now. I'd imagine that after the Olympics, it will be much easier.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

This sucks because I basically planned to walk the streets and ask the locals who's renting rooms. Never failed me before.
                I hope for you you speak Chinese.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

if they don't understand your english the first time, just reapeat yourself more slowly and loudly.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                  X