No announcement yet.

For ####s sake, does TV have no shame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For ####s sake, does TV have no shame?

We have all come to accept commercials for tampons, herpes drugs, girls gone wild commercials slowly went from 3 AM to the middle of the day on many channels...... the same channels children watch.

I believe I just saw the begining of a new era of advertising. I was watching Comedy Central and saw an advertisment for a vibrator, this may well be a first in the history of telivision! I felt like I watched the moon landing.

Comment

Reason # 2,899,311 to move to the Philippines.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Thank God you're back, Vesayen. The OT hasn't been the same without you.
        Also, what does Vesayen mean?
        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

you dont have vibrators in philippines?
          it's a pity that you live in an undeveloped country....
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

It means they REALLY want the real thing.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

WRT the OP title, no. TV does not have any shame. The FCC is supposed to be on top of things, but they're backlogged with Janet Jackson nipple sighting reports.

On the plus side, I don't think many parents let their little kids watch Comedy Central. At least, I wouldn't.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Not if you want them to see good television, anyways.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Lots and lots of MadTV reruns. And not from early in the series, when they very occasionally aired something funny. No, Comedy Central gives you solid four-hour blocks of late MadTV, chock-full of those annoying, pointless scenes with the actors' pet characters doing the same stupid gags in slightly different situations.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

madtv

Comment

Working...
                    X