The iraq war has cost 500 billion dollars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The iraq war has cost 500 billion dollars

This was not taken from any website, email etc, just my thoughts, I googled all the numbers.

The manhattan project cost 2 billion dollars, 24 billion adjusted for inflation today.

The total cost of the apollo program, not adjusted for inflation was 11 billion dollars, even if you quadruple it adjust for inflation, which is grossly more then the actual rate of inflation since the program, you would have 44 billion dollars.

Combined the cost of the apollo program then and the manhattan project today would of been 68 billion dollars.

The bill for the war in Iraq so far has been just shy of 500 billion dollars. This does not include the thousands of dead and crippled Americans or the dead Iraqis who no one counts or agrees on the number, which may be in excess of several hundred thousand, but are at LEAST 100,000 at the very, very least.

So for the cost of the Iraq War we could of funded two and a half manhattan projects and apollo programs. For the cost of the Iraq War we could have of gone to mars or perfected a clean energy source.

With 500 billion dollars, we could of given a check to every man, woman and child in America, including aliens and illegal immigrants, for a sum of $1,600.

What other useful, clever, or comical things could be done with 500 billion dollars?

We could pay the full salary and profits of every person and buisness in Chile AND Israel for a year, to give them a year long vacation. (Combined GDP ~500 billion)
    Last edited by Vesayen; May 16, 2008, 16:58.

You can't put a price on freedom.

Comment

Correct, you cannot pay for or put a price on freedom, it is paid for with the blood of patriots, which is incidentally, why I would like my $1,600 worth of taxes back.

Comment

Fight in Iraq and you don't have to pay taxes while you are over there.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

...and maybe never again...
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
            Correct, you cannot pay for or put a price on freedom, it is paid for with the blood of patriots, which is incidentally, why I would like my $1,600 worth of taxes back.

I have a better idea. Let's send you and you can have your 1,600 worth.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Are you sure it's only 500 billion? Last I remember it was in the trillions.

Anyway, don't worry, you have to spend in order to gain, I'm sure with all the control on oil, you'll make back your losses in no time and gain trillions more for the next war, but I must say, this earth is running out of places to attack, almost everyone is a member of the U.N., almost everyone wants to be prosperous, and they know they need to work peacefully with other countries to accomplish that, I think the world over-all is doing a good job compared to the past.

So, 500 billion (if it is that) is cheap to create a path to world peace. I don't like Bush, but I do think America and her allies need to do something about the fanatics in middle east, their differences have gone on long enough.
              Last edited by FrostyBoy; May 16, 2008, 19:54.
              be free

Comment

I lowballed it. It is well over 500 billion spent, this is not even including future costs, which are significant.

This does not include the war in Afghanistan, just Iraq.

Comment

Afghanistan was a bargain - at first anyway, according to a few repugs back then.
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

So for the cost of the Iraq War we could of funded two and a half manhattan projects and apollo programs. For the cost of the Iraq War we could have of gone to mars or perfected a clean energy source. (How the **** do you know this)

With 500 billion dollars, we could of given a check to every man, woman and child in America, including aliens and illegal immigrants, for a sum of $1,600.

What other useful, clever, or comical things could be done with 500 billion dollars?

We could pay the full salary and profits of every person and buisness in Chile AND Israel for a year, to give them a year long vacation. (Combined GDP ~500 billion)
                    All of those are useless. Way to torpedo your own whining.

Comment

For 500 billion dollars you could bail out almost 20 investment banks!

Comment

Invading Iran would have made more so we saved money.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                          You can't put a price on freedom.
                          I can sell you some freedom for a low LOW monthly payment of only $29.99! Call in the next 30 minutes and I'll even throw in some peace of mind. If you aren't entirely satisfied with your freedom, send it back to me and I'll even pay the shipping costs! Act now!

Comment

The war hasn't actually "cost" anything; the so-called cost has been consistently covered by robust tax cuts. Check your facts before posting next time.
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Almost as good as the real thing.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X