Maybe we should, like, annex Austria or something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we should, like, annex Austria or something

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Austrian family hacked to death
    Police carry the body of one of the victims from an apartment in Vienna (14 May 2008)
    Investigators are still questioning the Austrian man about all five deaths

An Austrian man has handed himself into police after allegedly hacking his wife, seven-year-old daughter, parents and father-in-law to death with axe.

The unnamed 39-year-old walked into a police station in Vienna and confessed that the bodies of his wife and daughter were in his flat, police said.

His parents were found dead in Linz, 180km (112 miles) west of Vienna, and his father-in-law in nearby Ansfelden.

Police told the Reuters news agency the suspect said he had financial problems.

They said he had borrowed money from his relatives, lost it in business deals which later went wrong and said he wanted to spare them from the scandal, Reuters reported.

Investigators are still questioning the man about all five deaths, Vienna police spokeswoman Karin Strycek said.

Ms Strycek said the killings had taken place on Tuesday evening and that the man's wife had been found dead in the apartment's bathroom and his daughter in a cupboard.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

The Germans already tried.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

They did not succeed long-term.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

And they succeeded! Most Austrians didn't start complaining about it until 1945....
        "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Germany should try again. Only good things happen when Germany and Austria team up.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Who gets to annex Canada?

Blah

Comment

Pickton isn't really Canadian, he's a British Columbian.

Have you been to Britain or Columbia? ****ed up places.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                Germany should try again. Only good things happen when Germany and Austria team up.
                Well, no one who speaks German could be bad.

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                  We in the U.S. have tried a couple of times, but we got our butts kicked.

Comment

When we unleash the secret army reserves of rabid beavers and genetically modified polar bears, other countries flee. The real reason the Cold War didn't end in much bloodshed was because Canada was a mighty buffer between the US and Russia -- no one wanted to **** with us.

Look it up, its fact.

Comment

We haven't tried recently.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

But you send seals every year for covert ops
                        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                          Who doesn't?
                          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

We in the U.S. have tried a couple of times, but we got our butts kicked.
                            Yeah, but we sure showed Toronto a thing or two!

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                              Who doesn't?
                              Crazy-lookin' old Texans with a beard, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                              X