Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting your priorities right

....isn't always that easy it seems:

A car driver in Australia has been fined for strapping down his beer rather than his young child.

Police said they were "shocked and appalled" when they pulled over the car south of Alice Springs in Australia's Northern Territory.

They said the 30-can pack of beer was strapped down between two adults in the back, with the five-year-old child unrestrained on the floor.

The driver was handed a fine of A$750 (US$709; £362).

The fine was for failing to ensure a child was wearing a seatbelt as well as driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle.

'Blank' look

The car was pulled over on the Ross Highway last Friday.

Map

Constable Wayne Burnett said: "I haven't ever seen something like this before.

"This is the first time that the beer has taken priority over a child... The child was sitting in the lump in the centre, unrestrained."

When Constable Burnett handed over the fine he said the driver "just looked at me blankly".

"He didn't get it," Constable Burnett said.

"I asked him about the fact the child was unrestrained and the beer was, and he said he didn't know anything about it."

Superintendent Sean Parnell of Alice Springs police said the incident was a "timely reminder" to ensure "all passengers are secured".
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Blah

What do you mean isn't that easy?! He nailed it in one shot.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Blah

Comment

What a messed up country. First they lock their daughters in their basements and molest them for 20 years, then they put their sons on teh floor for cases of beer
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

My hero
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Was it at least good beer?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

What the ****? I just posted that 3 months ago or so...

Third quote on first post.

Kind of weird, no?

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                What a messed up country. First they lock their daughters in their basements and molest them for 20 years, then they put their sons on teh floor for cases of beer
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Austria and Australia are very different countries
                  In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Priorities
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Huh, it's the first time the cops saw something like this?

I know some people - and I'm talking family here - who have bragged about doing that.
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Reminds me of the "I think we overdid it with the sherries" advert.

I would post it from youtube, but I can't access it at work.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                          Was it at least good beer?
                          I've never heard of good beer sold in slabs of 30.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                          X