Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey! Don't get down on the Repubs and Bush! He's buying us half an airline ticket each we can use to GTF outa this insane mess they've created.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

Picking up a hitchhiker is one of the more dangerus things you can do.
      when i was 10 my mother wanted to pick up 4 teenagers when we were in mexico. i said no so we didn't.
      i'd never pick up a hitchhiker. unless i knew them.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor

when i was 10 my mother wanted to pick up 4 teenagers when we were in mexico. i said no so we didn't.
        i'd never pick up a hitchhiker. unless i knew them.
        Personal safety and self-preservation not highly valued in your family, huh?
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

let's just say my mother is not the brightest person ever. she said she thought they looked nice and friendly.

Comment

Hitchhiker is just as much at risk.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I used to pick up hitchhikers when I saw them. Mostly when I lived near Zion National Park... lots of hitchhikers would travel from park to park.

Now I don't have a car, so not so much anymore...

Comment

When I was a single guy and I saw a young woman hitching I'd pick her up and take her wherever she wanted to go, the next town, even right to her door. Guys I only picked up if I knew them. These days I don't pick up anyone. There always seems a good reason not to. Also, you don't see young women hitching much anymore. Maybe they finally got some sense about how crazy it is.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Hitchhiker is just as much at risk.

good point
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

As late as the 70's I used to hitchhike all the time and picked up almost all that I saw if I was going in the right direction (unless theywere carrying a chainsaw, but if they were hot babes, i'd ignore the chainsaw)

A buddy of mine and I were going cross country and we picked up a hitchhiker in California and dropped him off in Illinois. He was short on funds so we even bought him a couple of meals.

Those were different times.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My dad picked up hitchhikers often.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                          As late as the 70's I used to hitchhike all the time and picked up almost all that I saw if I was going in the right direction (unless theywere carrying a chainsaw, but if they were hot babes, i'd ignore the chainsaw)

A buddy of mine and I were going cross country and we picked up a hitchhiker in California and dropped him off in Illinois. He was short on funds so we even bought him a couple of meals.

Those were different times.
                          I've hitchhiked a couple of times and picked up some too.
                          Never for huge rides though, an hour or two at most though I have nothing against longer rides in principles.

This was all in the last few years actually.

Comment

wow. i want to hitchhike now

Comment

Working...
                            X