No announcement yet.

Best and Worst of Discworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strata is NOT a Discworld novel...at least according to Wikipedia.

...on the other hand, while poking around the Internet, I just discovered that The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents is a Discworld novel. So there's one I haven't read yet!
    Last edited by Zkribbler; May 12, 2008, 18:46.

Comment

My favorite is usually whichever I'm reading at the moment. I'm a big fan of the witches and the guard. I have very fond memories of Witches Abroad and Guards! Guards!. And yeah, Mort (really, anything with a strong part for Death). Oh, and The Truth.

Characters:
      The Patrician
      Death
      Samuel Vimes
      Last edited by -Jrabbit; May 12, 2008, 20:53.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I haven't read all of them and it's been awhile since I did. Didn't they all have the same basic plot pattern though?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I liked Small Gods best, and I didn't care much for Monstrous Regiment.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Interesting Times wasn't funny; just lazy transcribing of stereotypes.

My first read was "Pyramids" and I still like it.

But at about that time I also discovered Douglas Adams, and he's much more to my taste.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
            X