What's wrong with Playboy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with Playboy?

This isn't a moral question, but more like WTF were they thinking?

PORT PERRY -- Local boy Craig Russell was the girl of your dreams.

Mae West became the legendary impersonator's trademark. But he could be Dietrich, Garland, Bette Davis, Carol Channing, Peggy Lee, Anita Bryant.

Whoa! Anita Bryant? Get me out of this dream.

Right. Try this one:

Local girl Jayde Nicole, 22, is Playboy's Playmate of the Year. She is the first Canadian to wear (if that's the word) the title since Shannon Tweed 26 years ago.

A tattoo below her belly button says Respect. What else do you need to know?

I met Jayde in Port Perry when she was just Miss January 2007. So I get an early tip and am on the grassy shores of Lake Scugog awaiting official word from L.A. yesterday.

I'm just busting to tell some one.

"Yeah, the rumours are all over town," says Terry McMillen, 61, the first guy I meet at Country Style.

"More power to her. If she's got the smarts to realize what trouble she could get into."

"She's just a regular girl," says former schoolmate Hayley Walter, 18.

"Like everyone here. A have-fun girl. A party girl."

Uh-oh. Don't give Hef a heart attack.

"He's awesome," Jayde tells me down the line from L.A. "He's like a father to all us Playmates."

'THEY'RE PROUD OF ME'

Well, keep your wits, Jayde. I hear things about that mansion. Anything to say to your hometown?

"Just thanks. I hope they're proud of me. I'm excited and overwhelmed."

I'll pass it on.

Town votes helped her cause. The PMOY is picked online, though I bet Hugh Hefner gets bonus votes.

He could choose worse.

Port Perry swarms with beautiful women. Stroll down Water St. in the summer, you'll see. Actress Emily VanCamp is from here.

Craig Russell, who died at 42 of a stroke in 1990, was in a league of his own.

"Ever since he was little, he liked to wear his mom's shoes," his uncle Howard Hall, 78, tells me. "We were kinda worried."

It was a sign. Russell be -came the world's most famous impersonator and star of the film Outrageous!

Strange characters haunt the shores of Lake Scugog.

Bill "Father Goose" Lishman lives nearby, in a house buried in a field. A spaceship prototype used to sit in a hangar with his ultralights.

They call Howard Hall "Boss Hogg" around here. He was mayor for 10 years and drives a blue Caddy.

In 1988, his nephew was clambering from a pit of booze and drugs. Howard arranged a comeback show at the town hall theatre on, ahem, Queen St.

"I was ready for some flak. But it was one helluva show," Howard says. "Standing ovation.

"This is a forgiving town. It accepts you as you are."

Well, usually.

When I last wrote about Jayde, her mom was upset over local bloggers slagging her daughter.

"Modern-day jealousy," says Terry McMillen at the coffee shop.

"She's got what they want."

Plus, colourful characters are one thing, naked characters are another.

The town firefighter calendar shows barely a bare bicep.

Capt. Gord Gettins was pictured one year, heroically battling a birdhouse blaze.

I happen to be talking to him when Jayde calls me from L.A.

"Give her our best," grins Gord.

"Awesome," Jayde replies.

She's in the June Playboy and signs autographs in Toronto next week. (See my column online at torontosun.com)

I try to imagine her meeting Craig Russell.

"He'd have been delighted," says his former manager Gene Mascardelli.

"He'd have sat her on his lap and licked her ear."

NO PART OF IT

Now there's a picture. I bet Mayor Marilyn Pearce would keel over.

When Jayde was Miss January, Mayor Pearce wanted no part of it.

Playmate of the Year, though, is bigtime.

Says Scugog Standard editor Rik Davie: "If you're a stripper, you're just a stripper. But if you're Gypsy Rose Lee, your town's proud of you.

"I bet there's a key to the city for Playmate of the Year."

I find Mayor Pearce at a meeting about caring for Lake Scugog. No key for Jayde just yet.

But: "This young girl is the best at what she does and the community should be proud.

"I don't want to go into the Playboy thing. You'll think I'm a prude."

That's okay, mayor.

They' re even tolerant of prudes around here.

Now to the reason for my question - the pic. Jayde has a face that could make babies cry. Shannon Tweed she isn't.
    Attached Files
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Really Zkrib?

She has the face of a 70 year old that has had too many face lifts.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

tldr
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Eyes look wierd...

Oh, I read that whole thing, only to find out, it wasn't the issue.

One cannot say anything about her other atributes from that, though.

Nice figure she has, as google tells me, but...

A bit asymmetrical.
          Last edited by Tattila the Hun; May 9, 2008, 14:46.
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            tldr
            Summary: Hot or Not?
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Need more pics
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                tldr
                That's okay, no need to read. Just look at the picture and respond accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Not bad, but there's a country bumpkin under all that makeup...
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I'm really worried about you guys.

Anyone that requires that much making up is not naturally attractive.

Comment

If you never see her without teh makeup, how does it matter?

Comment

So you'd date a dude so long as the pants stay on?

Comment

Who said anything about dating?

Comment

I don't think LS would date someone if the pants stayed on.

Comment

Working...
                              X